Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does your pound-for-pound list look like 365 days from today?

Mine:

1.Manny Pacquiao
2.Kelly Pavlik
3.Cristian Mijares
4.Floyd Mayweather Jr.
5.Miguel Cotto
6.Israel Vasquez
7.Chris John
8.David Haye
9.Juan Manuel Lopez
10.Andre Berto

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
What does your pound-for-pound list look like 365 days from today?

Mine:

1.Manny Pacquiao
2.Kelly Pavlik
3.Cristian Mijares
4.Floyd Mayweather Jr.
5.Miguel Cotto
6.Israel Vasquez
7.Chris John
8.David Haye
9.Juan Manuel Lopez
10.Andre Berto
Great thread, this is a good idea with a bunch of arguments.
1.Mayweather- will see that his expenses are exceeding what he is making and realize that what he makes is chump change compared with what he could make.
2.Pacquiao- I don't think he will lose his spot, Arum will put him in winnable fights, if he loses to anybody it will be outside of his weightclass, and he will still put on a good show.
3.Cotto- He'll UD Marg, retire Oscar, and it will be one more reason to entice Mayweather to come back, they will have their fight scheduled for the fall.
4.Pavlik- will be the first to ko and will retire Hopkins because of this (only for him to comeback), then will be the first to ko Abraham, he wont fight Calzaghe since I have him losing to Roy, also he'll defend against a mandatory and dominate.
5.Guzman- will successfully take 3 belts from Campbell and defeat Juan Manuel Marquez for the Ring and linear title.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great thread, this is a good idea with a bunch of arguments.
1.Mayweather- will see that his expenses are exceeding what he is making and realize that what he makes is chump change compared with what he could make.
2.Pacquiao- I don't think he will lose his spot, Arum will put him in winnable fights, if he loses to anybody it will be outside of his weightclass, and he will still put on a good show.
3.Cotto- He'll UD Marg, retire Oscar, and it will be one more reason to entice Mayweather to come back, they will have their fight scheduled for the fall.
4.Pavlik- will be the first to ko and will retire Hopkins because of this (only for him to comeback), then will be the first to ko Abraham, he wont fight Calzaghe since I have him losing to Roy, also he'll defend against a mandatory and dominate.
5.Guzman- will successfully take 3 belts from Campbell and defeat Juan Manuel Marquez for the Ring and linear title.
Damn solid job on the prognostications. Yeah Mayweather will come back and have a pretty big fight and will win, but it won't be against Cotto. As for what you said about Cotto, there's a very good possibility that you'll be exactly right. I agree completely with your Pavlik take and Guzman is a nice one out of left field. :thumbsup:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Pacquiao
Cotto
Pavlik

Hopefully in a year all of these idiots will quit mentioning Bernard Hopkins when it comes to being anywhere near the top ten.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
#1. Calzaghe
#2. JMM
#3. Pacman
#4. Vasquez
#5. Margarito
#6. Mijares
#7. Hatton
#8. Cotto
#9. Calderon
#10 Haye

I'll explain....

I think Pacquiao will lose the #1 spot after moving up in weight to fight Hatton/Oscar. Calzaghe will have beat both Roy Jones and Kelly Pavlik in that time thus moving him to #1 and also making Pavlik move down a few spots and just out the top 10. I have Margarito beating Cotto on Saturday then i think he'll fight either Williams or Zab if he can beat Clottey and both are fights he'll win...Ive no doubt Margarito beats Williams in a rematch the slow start cost him, he dominated the second half of the fight.

Vasquez will have beat R Marquez again another SD FOTY which will keep him high and move Rafa off.

Cotto will drop down but win his comeback which should see him stay about #8.

Im putting Hatton on because personaly i feel Oscar wont fight Pacquiao and that'll set up Pacquiao vs Hatton for next year in a fight that Hatton will win.

And David Haye will creep into the top 10 after smoking Wlad.

Just for shits and giggles of course. LOL!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts