Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In honor of the big fight on Showtime tomorrow night which I'm sure will be an exhibition of extreme toughness, I decided to make my top ten list of toughest current fighters, pound-for-pound.

1.Israel Vasquez
2.Rafael Marquez
3.Jorge Arce
4.Kelly Pavlik
5.Michael Katsidis
6.Jorge Barrios
7.Mahyar Monshipour
8.Arthur Abraham
9.Glen Johnson
10.Miguel Cotto

Who is on yours?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
toney, marg, hopkins, juan diaz, lacy.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
In honor of the big fight on Showtime tomorrow night which I'm sure will be an exhibition of extreme toughness, I decided to make my top ten list of toughest current fighters, pound-for-pound.

1.Israel Vasquez
2.Rafael Marquez
3.Jorge Arce
4.Kelly Pavlik
5.Michael Katsidis
6.Jorge Barrios
7.Mahyar Monshipour
8.Arthur Abraham
9.Glen Johnson
10.Miguel Cotto

Who is on yours?
Monshipour is retired.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bad. It will be good to see him in action again but I don't know how much he has left.
It's all good man. Yeah, he's an awesome dude from all I've heard about him and his fight with Sithchatchawal was epic. I remember hearing that when their fight was named fight of the year by Ring Magazine, he flew to the awards celebration from France and was extremely surprised and grateful for all the interest in the fight.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm surprised Gatti ain't on there either the amount of beatings he took :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Maybe cuz he's retired

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Hopkins, Miranda, Toney, Hatton, Vasquez, Pavlik, and Holyfield no specific order

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Marquez vasquez come to mind, however defensive geniuses like floyd and hopkins are underrated in the toughness department, It takes a strong mentality to block all those punches with your body.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yeah I agree Lance. Floyd is tough as nails. A lot of guys haven't seen his fights where he's been smashed on. He has a great chin.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
lol spilled my beer then

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sorry man didn't see the "current" bit LOL, but surely that applies to Mickey Ward as well :thumbsup: ;)
LOL. You think?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Im pretty sure Evander Holyfield hasnt retired yet so im going with Holyfield nr.1

But all the guys you mentioned definatly deserve that spot and should be praised for their will and passion for the sport

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Jake LaMotta is the toughest fighter in history bar none.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts