Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rate the Welterweight divisions top 10 fighters. Forget about other boxing websites. Forget about The Ring, Boxrec or any of that. Just post your top 10 according to your own personal opinion.

Things to consider; Acomplishments (at WW), oposition, experience (at any division), speed, power, stamina, chin, body, heart, general defense, technique, and other things of that nature.

Mine are,

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr
2. Miguel Cotto
3. Shane Mosely
4. Carlos Quintana
5. Paul Williams
6. Antonio Margarito
7. Joshua Clottey
8. Kermit Cintron
9. Zab Judah
10. Luis Collazo

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Rate the Welterweight divisions top 10 fighters. Forget about other boxing websites. Forget about The Ring, Boxrec or any of that. Just post your top 10 according to your own personal opinion.

Things to consider; Acomplishments (at WW), oposition, experience (at any division), speed, power, stamina, chin, body, heart, general defense, technique, and other things of that nature.

Mine are,

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr
2. Miguel Cotto
3. Shane Mosely
4. Carlos Quintana
5. Paul Williams
6. Antonio Margarito
7. Joshua Clottey
8. Kermit Cintron
9. Zab Judah
10. Luis Collazo
Perfect list :thumbsup:

·
Banned
589 Posts
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr
2. Miguel Cotto
3. Shane Mosely
4. Antonio Margarito
5. Kermit Cintron
6. Paul Williams
7. Joshua Clottey
8. Andre Berto
9. Carlos Quintana
10 Zab Judah

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing I see wrong with my list is that Zab Judah is in it. Reason why he may not be a candidate is because his last fight was a non-world title fight at 154lbs. I put him on the P4P welterweight because he is scheduled to fight Mosely at 147lbs, plus I think that the only reason he went to 154lbs was to win a small title there and possibly seek a rematch with Mayweather or even better, a shot at being ODLH's tune up.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Yup. I Pretty Much Speak For All Of Us When I Say It Was A Fluke, And Quintana Wont Hold On To That Title For Long. Do You Honestly Think He'd Beat Williams Again? And Who In the Top Ten Can He Beat?
Williams, Colazzo... Everyone expected him to be destroyed or dominated by Paul Williams, I wouldnt be surprised if he pulls another upset

My list:
#1 - Mayweather
#2 - Cotto
#3 - Mosley
#4 - Quintana
#5 - Margarito
#6 - Cintron
#7 - Judah
#8 - Clottey
#9 - Williams
#10 - Collazo

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Berto got dropped by Cosme Rivera with a very basic veteran's trick. He switched to southpaw as Berto came in, then through a hard left uppercut down the pipe. That in itself showed how green Berto is and how much he needs to learn before he can take on the likes of the greater champions. I'd even pick Collazo to do a number on Berto. It's not that Berto is no good, it's just that he isn't there yet. I bet he will be though.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Williams, Colazzo... Everyone expected him to be destroyed or dominated by Paul Williams, I wouldnt be surprised if he pulls another upset

My list:
#1 - Mayweather
#2 - Cotto
#3 - Mosley
#4 - Quintana
#5 - Margarito
#6 - Cintron
#7 - Judah
#8 - Clottey
#9 - Williams
#10 - Collazo
So You Honestly Think He's Gonna Beat Another Top 10 Contender?:laugh: And Judah Over Clottey And Williams? Your List Is Suspect, Seein That Judah Is 2-3 And A NC in His Last 6. He's Got Nearly Twice As Many Losses As Williams And Clottey Combined.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Yup. I Pretty Much Speak For All Of Us When I Say It Was A Fluke, And Quintana Wont Hold On To That Title For Long. Do You Honestly Think He'd Beat Williams Again? And Who In the Top Ten Can He Beat?

I picked Quintana to beat him the first time. And I think he would do it again. I just watched the fight again on HBO on demand. And Quintana beat up Williams. It wasn't even close. I think a rematch would be even worse for Williams. Williams has no defense for that left hand. Until he learns some he ain't beating any quality southpaws.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
A fluke? Paul got beat up pretty bad. He would get beat again in the rematch and I think Carlos would beat Cintron, Judah or Margarito.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
So You Honestly Think He's Gonna Beat Another Top 10 Contender?:laugh: And Judah Over Clottey And Williams? Your List Is Suspect, Seein That Judah Is 2-3 And A NC in His Last 6. He's Got Nearly Twice As Many Losses As Williams And Clottey Combined.
I honestly think Judah still is pretty good, his last losses were to the 2 best welterweights and he gave Cotto a good fight and Floyd in the early rounds..If theres one blame on him that would be his loss to Baldy. Yes maybe Clottey is better than Judah, But I'm waiting to see how he does against a top opponent other than margarito, then I can rank him higher.
You got Berto at #8 and Williams ahead of the man who just beat him! But nvm, I dont want to argue over it, its your list:dunno: peace

1 - 20 of 61 Posts