Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this list off a boxing website , some of these arent just prospects anymore but is anyone missing from this list.
The list was done in 2006 , so some are more than prospects now.

1. Joel Jair Julio (21, welterweight, 26-0, 23 KOs)
Incredibly gifted fighter but being moved slowly since he's only 21 and his first 18 bouts were in Columbia against very questionable opposition.

2. Andre Dirrell (23, super middleweight, 5-0, 4 KOs)
This 6-2 southpaw won a bronze medal at the 2004 Olympics. Relies a bit too much on natural ability but, hey, that didn't really hold Roy Jones Jr. back too much, did it?

3. Rock Allen (24, welterweight, 5-0, 5 KOs)
2004 Olympian possesses heavy hands and an incredibly powerful physique.

4. Vicente Escobedo (24, lightweight, 9-0, 9 KOs)
2004 U.S. Olympian has good size and power for a lightweight. Lots of great potential match-ups in his future. Promoted by Oscar De La Hoya.

5. Vanes Martirosyan (19, junior middleweight, 7-0, 4 KOs)
2004 Olympian is only 19 and has Freddy Roach in his corner. The future looks bright.

6. Andre Ward (21, middleweight, 7-0, 4 KOs)
The only gold medallist from the 2004 U.S. Olympic team has the tools to be a terrific pro as well. Some questions about his chin but posted 6-0 record in 2005 with three knockouts.

7. Amir Khan (19, lightweight, 5-0, 4 KOs)
2004 Olympic silver medalist for Great Britain is still only 19. Needs to continue to develop and avoid the lure (and pressure) of being rushed into a big fight.

8. Chad Dawson (23, super middleweight, 21-0, 14 KOs)
With a few more fights under his belt, this 6-foot-3 southpaw will prove a handful for any super middleweight in the world.

9. Abner Mares (20, junior featherweight, 7-0, 5 KOs)
2004 Olympian from Mexico is only 20. Has yet to fight a decent opponent as a pro but time - not to mention talent - is on his side.

10. Raul Martinez (24, bantamweight, 13-0, 10 KOs)
After a solid amateur career, he's slowly but steadily moving up the ranks as a professional.

11. Lamont Peterson (21, junior welterweight)
12. Andre Berto (22, junior middleweight)
13. Anthony Peterson (20, lightweight)
14. Curtis Stevens (20, light heavyweight)
15. Anthony Dirrell (21, super middleweight)
16. Jason Litzau (22, featherweight)
17. Kendall Holt (24, welterweight)
18. Kelly Pavlik (23, middleweight)
19. Dmitriy Salita (23, light welterweight)
20. Jorge Linares (20, super featherweight)
21. Alexander Dimitrenko (23, heavyweight)
22. Robert Guerrero (22, featherweight)
23. Jorge Paez Jr. (18, junior welterweight)
24. Michael Marrone (20, heavyweight)
25. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (20, welterweight)

·
Registered
424 Posts
its funny to see a guy that was regarded as a prospect last year, is now the Champion this year. Im Ofcourse talking about Kelly Pavlik.

·
Registered
424 Posts
wow, i must have went through that too fast, i didnt even see that Dawson was on there. in 2006 were Pavlik and Dawson Still prospects? Did they just come out of no where to become champions or what? I know Pavlik beat Miranda, but did he beat anybody worth mention before that? What about dawson? I didnt/dont follow him much, who'd be beat on his way to become champ?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Pavlik fought bums up until beating Zuniga, that was a good win in 2005 but he hadnt really fought anyone so i guess he was still a prospect. Hes had a very big year in 07. Adamek was Dawson's first big fight i think, earlier this year.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea it was done at the end of 06 so thats just 1 year , its crazy how much different it would be just a year later

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
The guy nr.1 on that list actually lost to Carloz Quintana in mid 2006, guess they got it wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts