2. Williams
3. Cotto
4. Mosley
5. Quintana

The future of the Welterweight division is Saul Alvarez

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't know if Williams or Quintana will be fighting at 147 anymore.

1.Margarito
2.Cotto
3.Mosley
4.Berto
5.Clottey

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
All Clottey has done is beat smaller fighters in Judah and Corrales. And lose to Margarito. Quintana beating Williams and Julio trumps that.
Clottey stood toe to toe with Margarito and all of his 1675 punches and not only didn't he get KOed, but it was competitive the whole way through. You give Quintanna a chance to do this with Margarito?

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Clottey stood toe to toe with Margarito and all of his 1675 punches and not only didn't he get KOed, but it was competitive the whole way through. You give Quintanna a chance to do this with Margarito?
So because Clottey was competitive, stood toe to toe with Margarito and didn't get ko'ed (but still lost), you rate Clottey ahead of Margarito? :laugh::laugh:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
So because Clottey was competitive, stood toe to toe with Margarito and didn't get ko'ed (but still lost), you rate Clottey ahead of Margarito? :laugh::laugh:
No, I rate him ahead of Margarito because I thought he won the fight. I'm asking you based on how well he did against Margarito, could you see Quintanna doing any better?

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
So why do you have Margarito ahead of Williams if he lost to Williams?
It's like this (try and keep up). Williams is a top 3 Welterweight. Margarito lost a close fight to him. Quintana is a top 10 Welterweight (most have him at 8 or 9). Williams lost a competitive, but not really a close fight to Quintana. Who do you penalize more? Margarito for losing a close fight to a top 3 Welterweight? Or Williams for losing a not so close fight to lower half top 10 Welterweight? Answer is simple. Williams gets penalized more. Factor in other victories at the weight and Margarito is number 1.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
No, I rate him ahead of Margarito because I thought he won the fight. I'm asking you based on how well he did against Margarito, could you see Quintanna doing any better?
I'm going to pretend you didn't just post this crap. Maybe I'm misreading it. I hope I am. [strike]Cuz seriously I don't think your this stupid.[/strike] Clottey beat Margarito? That's moronic. Clottey himself said he lost.

-ed Capn

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
It's like this (try and keep up). Williams is a top 3 Welterweight. Margarito lost a close fight to him. Quintana is a top 10 Welterweight (most have him at 8 or 9). Williams lost a competitive, but not really a close fight to Quintana. Who do you penalize more? Margarito for losing a close fight to a top 3 Welterweight? Or Williams for losing a not so close fight to lower half top 10 Welterweight? Answer is simple. Williams gets penalized more. Factor in other victories at the weight and Margarito is number 1.
There's no need for that, I didn't even need an answer because I knew it would be this. It was a rhetorical question I asked only because of the statement you gave me prior.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts