Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Take 'em for what they are. Most fighters have their own agendas. Still interesting nonetheless IMO.

Jermain Taylor
"I like Bernard Hopkins chances in this fight because of his experience and preparation for a fight. He's always in shape, but he has to fight the perfect fight. If Kelly can keep Bernard from fighting in close and pick his punches, he could easily come away with the victory

Joe Calzaghe
"Pavlik, who is he? He might get his ass kicked by Hopkins. But I think he will win the fight, mainly due to his youth. Hopkins still has the ability to make it very messy. Regardless, he is definitely over hyped.”

Oscar De La Hoya
“I think that Bernard will beat Kelly by a decision. It will be a tough fight, but Bernard will expose Kelly’s weaknesses and win the fight.”

Shane Mosley
“I think it’s going to be a close fight but honestly I think that Hopkins is more experienced and will be able to do some things to steal the fight away from Pavlik. Pavlik is younger but I think that Bernard is going to catch him with something and knock him out. Pavlik is going to underestimate Bernard’s power and experience and around the sixth round, Bernard will dodge his jab and catch him with a counter right.”

Ricky Hatton
“That’s a tough call, Kelly is an exciting fighter on the way up, but Bernard is a superb technician. If I have to choose one, I lean towards Pavlik.”

Vernon Forrest
“Hopkins by decision and if Pavlik gets too greedy Hopkins is going to stop him. They say he can’t pull the trigger any more but I don’t think Calzaghe even did enough to win. Pavlik is a power puncher and typically when Hopkins fights power puncher he stops them. “

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Take 'em for what they are. Most fighters have their own agendas. Still interesting nonetheless IMO.

Jermain Taylor
"I like Bernard Hopkins chances in this fight because of his experience and preparation for a fight. He's always in shape, but he has to fight the perfect fight. If Kelly can keep Bernard from fighting in close and pick his punches, he could easily come away with the victory

Joe Calzaghe
"Pavlik, who is he? He might get his ass kicked by Hopkins. But I think he will win the fight, mainly due to his youth. Hopkins still has the ability to make it very messy. Regardless, he is definitely over hyped.”

Oscar De La Hoya
“I think that Bernard will beat Kelly by a decision. It will be a tough fight, but Bernard will expose Kelly’s weaknesses and win the fight.”

Shane Mosley
“I think it’s going to be a close fight but honestly I think that Hopkins is more experienced and will be able to do some things to steal the fight away from Pavlik. Pavlik is younger but I think that Bernard is going to catch him with something and knock him out. Pavlik is going to underestimate Bernard’s power and experience and around the sixth round, Bernard will dodge his jab and catch him with a counter right.”

Ricky Hatton
“That’s a tough call, Kelly is an exciting fighter on the way up, but Bernard is a superb technician. If I have to choose one, I lean towards Pavlik.”

Vernon Forrest
“Hopkins by decision and if Pavlik gets too greedy Hopkins is going to stop him. They say he can’t pull the trigger any more but I don’t think Calzaghe even did enough to win. Pavlik is a power puncher and typically when Hopkins fights power puncher he stops them.
That's the one that kinda surprised me a bit. All the others were pretty much as expected.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You forgot this one :

NFFC
"I agree with what Oscar, Shane and everybody at GBP said"

****** is sticking together and so are the brothers. Weird...
:laugh: Nah man Jermain just wants B-Hop to win because he beat him twice and that would kinda erase his 2 losses to Pavlik. Shane and Oscar are always gonna back up their business partner.

And Vernon is on crack by the way.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
NFFC
"I agree with what Oscar and Shane said"

And Vernon is on crack.
LMAO. I kinda agree with what Oscar said. Hopkins will expose Pavlik to some degree (like he does with every fighter). Shane said it would be a close fight and then said Hopkins will stop him around the 6th :confused::dunno:. That's completely underestimating Pavlik.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Shane and Oscar's opinions on this fight are worth about as much as a poopy flavored lollipop. I agree with Calzaghe.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
It's a guarantee fighters are going to favor Hopkins by much larger factor than spectators will, especially the ones who've been in the ring with him. Pretty much only question in their mind is "Is Bernard too old to fight ANYONE anymore?" It's not going to take a prime Bernard to beat this technically flawed over hyped young man. A shell of Bernard will suffice, how much of the shell is left is yet to be determined.

The Bernard who lost to Taylor twice and beat Tarver clowns this kid.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
It's a guarantee fighters are going to favor Hopkins by much larger factor than spectators will, especially the ones who've been in the ring with him. Pretty much only question in their mind is "Is Bernard too old to fight ANYONE anymore?" It's not going to take a prime Bernard to beat this technically flawed over hyped young man. A shell of Bernard will suffice, how much of the shell is left is yet to be determined.

The Bernard who lost to Taylor twice and beat Tarver clowns this kid.
The Bernard that fought Tarver beats Pavlik convincingly. I ain't sure about the one who fought Taylor twice. Especially the second time.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Taylor had Hopkins kryptonite, speed. If Taylor threw punches as slow as Pavlik does, Bernard would have got 'em out of there both times.
You're right :thumbsup: That's the only thing that can beat B-Hop, speed.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Calzaghe is a ***, but all of these responses are shitty. Save for maybe Ricky Hatton. A part of me wants Calzaghe to survive so Pavlik can beat the living hell out of him, but knowing that he's too much of a coward to ever take on Kelly, I hope Roy Jones knocks Calzaghe's teeth out. All of them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You forgot this one :

NFFC
"I agree with what Oscar, Shane and everybody at GBP said"

:laugh: Nah man Jermain just wants B-Hop to win because he beat him twice and that would kinda erase his 2 losses to Pavlik. Shane and Oscar are always gonna back up their business partner.

And Vernon is on crack by the way.
hahaha, you crack me up.

they could of got a few more random fighters, half of em are from GBP's, of course their gonna say Hopkins. And Calzaghe, ya bash him.... but ya still chose him.:cool:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Why is Forest's view so out there? If Jermain Taylor could get pavlik doing rubber legged line dancing then why can't a pretty hard hitting light heavyweight? Look, Pavlik get's tagged. He's particularly vulnerable to good counter rights, one of Hopkins favourite shots. Even Gary Lockett landed a couple of sweet rights in those brief rounds:laugh:

I think this is a very difficult fight to call and I'm not making any predictions. It's perfectly sensible to assume that Hopkins will struggle to win this fight on work-rate alone. But there is absolutely no reason he can't knock Pavlik out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts