Stats
Manufacturer: Top Ten
Price: 89.95 from www.Totiro-USA.com Martial Arts Safety Equipment - Home
Weight: 16oz
Type: Training/Sparring glove
Color: only comes in white and black
Composition: Leather, 16 oz bayfill padding, dual velcro enclosure

My Experience

Have you ever wanted a glove that was small like a 10~12oz glove, but with the full padding & weight of 16ounces?
Enter the Top Ten Fight Sparring Glove.

Totiro-USA is the only American distributor for Top Ten and their product line looks to be a little old. The current line of Top Ten equipment from the Canadian website is the SuperFight 3000 line. These gloves are just the "FIGHT" line; so they may be a little out of date. Nevertheless, so far they're great gloves.

The lining, the wrist (not the enclosure) and the place of manufacture may be the only drawbacks to these gloves.

First, the lining feels like nylon - like a thin pair of basketball shorts or even like parachute pants. There's also no liner over the palm of the glove, just the leather. The liner is not very cushy, but I live in San Antonio, Texas and my gym's not air conditioned - so not having to worry about a stiflingly heavy liner's actually a positive for me. It did get totally soaked, so maybe it could've wicked moisture away better; not sure it could've done all that much.

Second, The wrist is made for someone with big wrists. The cuff is made out of a thick leather and maybe some nylon or plastic - it has a different liner than the fist. If you squeeze the cuff closed, you can get a pretty tight & supportive fit, but not easy when you're gloving up solo. I think next time I may wear a wrist band to take up some space & maybe wick up some moisture.
Note: I have very small wrists so not sure this is a valid complaint against the cuff.

Third, the gloves are constructed in Pakistan. Not trying to be racist, but it's a long standing rule in the muay thai arena that gear constructed in Pakistan isn't high quality. Not sure if all Top Ten gloves are made there and I don't know how it'll affect the endurance of the glove in the long run.

Now on to the good stuff.
My favorite parts of this glove are the pocket, the fill, the shape, and the price.

The pocket is nice & narrow, which is perfect for me.
The thumb's a bit of an issue, but I usually have to break in the thumb on almost every pair I buy.
I also usually cut the leather attaching the thumb to the fist so i can shape it more easily - don't worry, i don't thumb anybody.
The leather's pretty stiff & my right hand's a lil busted up from my dog- cut it on his leash; so breaking it in today was pretty tough on my right. The left hand started breaking in nicely; but it's still going to take a little while. So far, it's great though, and assuming the leather doesn't overstretch they should fit nicely soon.

The fill of this glove is Top Ten Bayfill. It's very shock absorbent, but not "squishy". It protected my knuckles and my sparring partner nicely (though it'll be nicer on him once it's a little more broken in). It's molded perfectly around the fist without any excess & all the padding centralized where you need it over the knuckles. Contact surface was very accommodating to punching, unlike the fake "Twins" gloves I got from Title.

The end result is a shape that's very sleek; the gloves actually look smaller than my teammate's 12s, but are much more generously padded. The sleek shape really makes you work on defense, as the bulkier the glove, the more you're covered. I took a few shots I wasn't used to taking normally; which is a good thing coz competition gloves are much smaller.

I should've mentioned it before but these gloves are much cheaper than the newer Top Ten lines; that normally retail for $135+. These were down right cheap at 89.95.

Pros:
Great shape
Great protection for knuckles & partner
Good fit (will be better once I break them in)
Attractive Appearance
MUCH cheaper than other Top Ten gloves
Decent Wrist support (would be better for someone with bigger wrists)

Cons:
The liner is not very cushy
Made in Pakistan (which in muay thai gear has meant "garbage" in the past)
Think the wrist support could be better

Score:
Quality 9/10 - Jury's still out on this one, so far they're great
Value 10/10
Performance 10/10
Comfort 8/10 - Once broken in, this score will undoubtedly improve to a 9.

Conclusion
These gloves are everything I wanted.
For me, they're the perfect sparring glove- sleek enough to make me work hard on my defense, cushy enough to keep my partners & hands safe, great fill, good striking surface, and good fit.

I'll update this write-up after a breaking-in period to report on how well they hold up & how well the leather reshapes to my hand.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update

Going to have to give quality a 6 or 7 and leave comfort where it is.
The leather's pretty stiff and hasn't broken in easily - even broken in, it doesn't have that good feeling.
Quality takes a hit because I've already caused water damage to the right glove, the foam around the wrist by the thumb even warped.
I can still use these gloves but they're definitely not holding up like my IMFs.
It's really depressing too because a 16ounce glove that's the size of a 10 ounce would really help my defense.
Planning to continue using them however.

EDIT:
I can safely bump quality up to at least an 8.
What I thought was signs of breakdown really isn't- water damage turned out to be salt stains.
The leather's finally broken in more and the comfort can stay at an 8 or 9 as well.
I do recommend these gloves; just took a little longer to break in than first thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In Germany they are usually selling the cheap Everlast gloves or German Paffen Sport gloves, so that it took me quite a while to find out, that the Top Ten Superfight 3000 gloves are much better.

I highly recommend the Top Ten Superfight 3000 gloves. The give you’re hands a natural feeling and maximum protection.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly recommend the Top Ten Superfight 3000 gloves. The give you’re hands a natural feeling and maximum protection.
I want to get a pair of Superfight 3000 gloves, but they're hard to get in the US.
Could you tell me if your Superfight 3000 gloves are manufactured in pakistan?
The label should be inside the cuff of the glove.
I'm wondering if the Top Tens available in the US are just cheap imitations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want to get a pair of Superfight 3000 gloves, but they're hard to get in the US.
Could you tell me if your Superfight 3000 gloves are manufactured in pakistan?
The label should be inside the cuff of the glove.
I'm wondering if the Top Tens available in the US are just cheap imitations.
Yes, my Top Ten gloves are "Made in Pakistan".

By the way: Arthur Abraham and Edison Miranda weared Top Ten gloves in their first fight in Germany:

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a relief...
So my gloves are just a lower quality version of Superfight 3000s and not a fake.
I imagine the leather on SuperFight 3000s is very nice.
I guess that the "Fight" gloves are just old, because you can't buy them anymore. At least not in Germany.

The leather is really very nice, so that I never use the SuperFight 3000 gloves for working at the heavy bag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Pork Chop-

I am with Totiro-USA and I just found this thread and forum. Frankly I'm surprised and shocked that your gloves are breaking down after such a short period of use. I would really like to get more information (see pictures and/or get them back) on the problem so I can identify whats wrong and get you a replacement pair of gloves. I've used my current gloves (I'm a kickboxer) for 2 years and while they are showing the wear are still very usable.

The "Fight" version of the Top Ten Boxing glove, that you have, is the same as the "SuperFight 3000" in all aspects except the thickness of the leather (as Superchamp already mentioned). We bring them in (and no they aren't an old or discontinued version) to the US because, for the money, we believe they offer great protection and value. The SuperFight 3000 would be a $145.00 glove here in the US.

You can reach me by email at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Pork Chop-
I am with Totiro-USA and I just found this thread and forum. Frankly I'm surprised and shocked that your gloves are breaking down after such a short period of use. I would really like to get more information (see pictures and/or get them back) on the problem so I can identify whats wrong and get you a replacement pair of gloves. I've used my current gloves (I'm a kickboxer) for 2 years and while they are showing the wear are still very usable.
I've been meaning to reply to this thread for the past week, but have had a hard time getting ahold of a camera.
I'll try to make-do with a description.
The gloves aren't as bad as I was first thinking after that workout.
There was some salt staining on the leather, but that actually came off when I wiped them down with a wet wipe.
As far as the padding below the thumb being warped, it doesn't affect making a fist, the padding of the knuckles, or even the wrist support; so I'm not stressing it.
I do like these gloves a lot and they've broken in a bit more with use so isn't really necessary, thanks for the offer.

For their size, it's almost difficult to believe they're 16 ounces, so I've been recommending them to all my friends who find normal 16ouncers to bulky to lend to good defensive habits.
Thanks for making it available to us in the states at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Stats
Manufacturer: Top Ten
Price: 89.95 from www.Totiro-USA.com Martial Arts Safety Equipment - Home
Weight: 16oz
Type: Training/Sparring glove
Color: only comes in white and black
Composition: Leather, 16 oz bayfill padding, dual velcro enclosure

My Experience

Have you ever wanted a glove that was small like a 10~12oz glove, but with the full padding & weight of 16ounces?
Enter the Top Ten Fight Sparring Glove.

Totiro-USA is the only American distributor for Top Ten and their product line looks to be a little old. The current line of Top Ten equipment from the Canadian website is the SuperFight 3000 line. These gloves are just the "FIGHT" line; so they may be a little out of date. Nevertheless, so far they're great gloves.

The lining, the wrist (not the enclosure) and the place of manufacture may be the only drawbacks to these gloves.

First, the lining feels like nylon - like a thin pair of basketball shorts or even like parachute pants. There's also no liner over the palm of the glove, just the leather. The liner is not very cushy, but I live in San Antonio, Texas and my gym's not air conditioned - so not having to worry about a stiflingly heavy liner's actually a positive for me. It did get totally soaked, so maybe it could've wicked moisture away better; not sure it could've done all that much.

Second, The wrist is made for someone with big wrists. The cuff is made out of a thick leather and maybe some nylon or plastic - it has a different liner than the fist. If you squeeze the cuff closed, you can get a pretty tight & supportive fit, but not easy when you're gloving up solo. I think next time I may wear a wrist band to take up some space & maybe wick up some moisture.
Note: I have very small wrists so not sure this is a valid complaint against the cuff.

Third, the gloves are constructed in Pakistan. Not trying to be racist, but it's a long standing rule in the muay thai arena that gear constructed in Pakistan isn't high quality. Not sure if all Top Ten gloves are made there and I don't know how it'll affect the endurance of the glove in the long run.

Now on to the good stuff.
My favorite parts of this glove are the pocket, the fill, the shape, and the price.

The pocket is nice & narrow, which is perfect for me.
The thumb's a bit of an issue, but I usually have to break in the thumb on almost every pair I buy.
I also usually cut the leather attaching the thumb to the fist so i can shape it more easily - don't worry, i don't thumb anybody.
The leather's pretty stiff & my right hand's a lil busted up from my dog- cut it on his leash; so breaking it in today was pretty tough on my right. The left hand started breaking in nicely; but it's still going to take a little while. So far, it's great though, and assuming the leather doesn't overstretch they should fit nicely soon.

The fill of this glove is Top Ten Bayfill. It's very shock absorbent, but not "squishy". It protected my knuckles and my sparring partner nicely (though it'll be nicer on him once it's a little more broken in). It's molded perfectly around the fist without any excess & all the padding centralized where you need it over the knuckles. Contact surface was very accommodating to punching, unlike the fake "Twins" gloves I got from Title.

The end result is a shape that's very sleek; the gloves actually look smaller than my teammate's 12s, but are much more generously padded. The sleek shape really makes you work on defense, as the bulkier the glove, the more you're covered. I took a few shots I wasn't used to taking normally; which is a good thing coz competition gloves are much smaller.

I should've mentioned it before but these gloves are much cheaper than the newer Top Ten lines; that normally retail for $135+. These were down right cheap at 89.95.

Pros:
Great shape
Great protection for knuckles & partner
Good fit (will be better once I break them in)
Attractive Appearance
MUCH cheaper than other Top Ten gloves
Decent Wrist support (would be better for someone with bigger wrists)

Cons:
The liner is not very cushy
Made in Pakistan (which in muay thai gear has meant "garbage" in the past)
Think the wrist support could be better

Score:
Quality 9/10 - Jury's still out on this one, so far they're great
Value 10/10
Performance 10/10
Comfort 8/10 - Once broken in, this score will undoubtedly improve to a 9.

Conclusion
These gloves are everything I wanted.
For me, they're the perfect sparring glove- sleek enough to make me work hard on my defense, cushy enough to keep my partners & hands safe, great fill, good striking surface, and good fit.

I'll update this write-up after a breaking-in period to report on how well they hold up & how well the leather reshapes to my hand.
Dear Sir & Madam
FIGHT CLUB SPORTS is a leading manufacturer and Exporter of the top-quality Boxing Equipments, Boxing Gloves, Hand Wraps, Martial Arts Equipments, Martial Arts Uniforms, Rash Guard, MMA Shorts, Karate Mitts, Fitness Equipments, MMA Equipment, and etc with its 5th successful year of The range of our product line, good quality, and competitive prices have made us one of the reliable companies of its kind in Pakistan. This all is happened due to highly Professional team works in all the departments at Boxing Products Supplier and that's why we have a close cooperative relationship with our foreign clients around the world to understand and full fill their needs/requirements any day & any time.

FIGHT CLUB SPORTS always welcome to customize our product styles, Material with any demanded logo or brand name. We also welcome to buyers /importers who wish to produce their own company's design/ styles of different products from us.

erThe material used for the production is of the finest quality according to the requirement of the customers, and these items sell well, our workman Ship is superb which is controlled under strict supervision at all stages of production. We focus on prompt and scheduled delivery of the shipment to avoid any kind of delay in the shipment process.

Our three main product lines have great depth to them which can be easily seen through our online catalog.

Boxing Equipments:- Boxing Gloves, Bag Gloves, Bag Mitts, Punching Mitts, Focus Mitts, Punching Bags, Speed Balls, Head Guards, Chest Guards, Groin Guards, Mouth Guards, Boxing wears, Boxing Shoes, Karate Shoes and Hand Wraps.

Martial Arts Equipments:- Martial Arts Uniforms, Rash Guard & Tank Tops, MMA Shorts & Boxing Shorts, Kick Boxing Trousers, MMA Grappling Gloves, Kick Shields, Karate Mitts, Karate Belts, Foot Bags, Key Chain, Skipping Ropes, Accessories and Protections.

Fitness Equipments:- Weight Lifting Belts, Weight Lifting Gloves, Gym Gear, Straps & Wraps, Fitness Products, Safety equipment, Safety T-Shirts, Safety Vest.

If you have any inquiries about our current product line or have new products that you would like to develop, please do not hesitate to contact us. Given the opportunity we will try our best to earn your business..
Welcome to join us. Your samples are welcome:-

Our promises:
Excellent price and product quality
Friendly and responsive customer service
Stringent quality procedure and system
A professional distribution platform & logistics service

Our offers:
Product and packaging designing
Product Sourcing
Big production capability and Varies product line
Top shipping arrangement
Safety approval