Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

top ten Greatest fights ever?

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Brutus 
#1 ·
top ten Greatest fights ever?

#3 · (Edited)
I've thought about this enough to get a headache and then give up. What about all the non-marque fights that were great but didn't have the notoriety. There's just too many of them. :confused:

So instead I'll modify your list :)

Replace Hagler vs. Hearns...because it was too short, with Hagler vs. Mugabi.

Replace Tyson vs. Douglas...Because it was one sided, with Bobby Chacon vs. Boza Edwards II....I think they fought twice?

Can't argue with the others.

BTW. Worst fight I ever saw.....Holmes vs. Tex Cobb, the fight that literally retired Howard Cossell. :) He was so disgusted by it. LOL

#4 ·
Rayman said:
BTW. Worst fight I ever saw.....Holmes vs. Tex Cobb, the fight that literally retired Howard Cossell. :) He was so disgusted by it. LOL
LOL, Larry's fists must have been just as sore as Tex's face the next day. I love Cobbs responce after someone asked how he felt about the loss, he responded with "I didn't lose the fight, just the first 15 rounds"

#6 ·
Calzaghe-Lacy
Morales-Barrera I & III
Vargas-Trinidad
Hamed-Keeley
Hatton-Tszyu
Benn-Eubank I
Corrales-Castillo I
Ali-Frazier III
Morales-Pacquiao I

Just the first 10 that came to mind. Ali-Frazier III was just shown the other week over here, that was a damn good fight!

#7 ·
Evander Holyfield vs Dwigh Muhammed Qawi I
Sugar Ray Leonard vs Tommy Hearns I
Julio Cesar Chavez sr. vs Meldrick Taylor I
Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan (altough the ending was prob the most sad thing in boxing history the match was SICK)
Evander Holyfield vs Mike Tyson I

These are the greatest fight imo, i could name the Gatti vs Ward trilogy but what made most of these fights so great for me was how much i cared how the fight ended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.