Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Top Ten Journeymen.....know what a Journeyman is?

12K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  daveDaboxingfan 
Greatest Journymen ?? Wow that is a tough one, because there has been so many

Micky Ward -- Great Fighter, he did have a lot of ups and downs

Emanuel Augustus -- Will fight at the drop of a hat, has upset sevrial contenders, but has also lost some fights that he should not of

Ross Purity -- Has banged with the best of them.

Chuck Wepner -- I do not know if he should be condsidered an all time great, but he is worth mentioning. He is known mainly for knocking Ali down with a shot, and raising his hands shouting to his corner "Start the car and go to the bank because we are rich" and his trainer stated back " You better turn around, because he is getting up and he looks pissed" He is also the insperation for the Rocky Movies

Francios "The White Buffalo" Botha -- One hell of a chin, could box, but could never beat the best. He did get a un deserved shot at the title agisnt Lewis where he was knocked out of the ring in the second round. He did how ever fight well.

Corey Sanders -- Before he beat Wlad Klitchko he was considered nothing more than a journey man, hard hitter, good hand speed, but very poor mng-ment.

There is too many to name, and none of these are in a particular order. I mainly mentioned Heavy weights, there are a lot of smaller fighters who were great Journy men as well.

tommygunn said:
mayweathers next fight is against a journeyman who got lucky against zab and gatti. baldomir what a joke this guy is.:mad:

I agree, he had a 4 leaf clover in his pocket agisnt Judah, and Gatti, he is just finial washed up. A prime Gatti would of boxed the snot of of him.

pbf369 said:
Emanuel Augustus is got be one of the greatest j-men ever no doubt
I like Augustus, he is one of the greatest J-man. Those who have ever seen him fight, has to enjoy it. He gives a great show, fights hard, and can dance very well in the ring (literly) I am still waiting for him to pull of a windmill inside the ring, or a head spin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.