Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lets see who knocked sugar ray leonard out after his prime, feather fisted camacho? roy got knocked out once his prime was over as well. Robinson lost what 4 of his last 5 fights to nobodies. i rate jones way above both sugar's. Leond ran from duran. jones always and i mean always stood toe to toe and was the aggressor. you can say leonard and robinson would of beat jones jr. You can say tha tall you want and i will disagree with you everytime because rj was a much stronger man than both. he was naturally alot bigger than both as well and carried his speed all the way up to heavyweight. he also had enough power to wobble and stunn a man who naturally outweighed him by 60 pounds. ive seen every jones fight, the man had an iron chin throughout his hole career until tarver hit him. The man got hit more than you would think but he took a ton of solid shots thoughout his career. he walked right through alot of john ruiz's jabs and straights. Tommy hearns couldnt hit as hard as ruiz but ill tell ya that i thought hearns beat leonrd in the second fight and i think hearns is better than the sugar man as well. Hearns is the true definenetion of the ultimate p4p fighter. YOu may dislike roy, you may not like his antics, you may just be in love with the sugars. i dunno.... But i think rj wipes the floor with both in any comparison you could through out there. There was a point in rj's career where he was 50 - 0 ( 49- 1 to be exact but the one was a dq in which he clearly knocked griffin out ) Now i know robinsons record was alot bigger and better than that. But rj would of killed the guys robinson fought. i dont care how good they were back then. The only thing great i can see about any of the guys like fullmer, and basillio and lamatta was that they could take a beating. Rj would of outpointed every last one of them and probabley not lose a single round in his prime.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
If u say Roy freaking Jones has more power that Mugabi at MW u are ...... well frankly im speechless.

Im gonna go watch Roy Jones vs Tarver 1 and 2 and maby Roy Jones vs Glen Johnson as a desert.

haha i know Jones was out of his prime but he was ranked the best pound for pound at the time. When Leonard fought Camacho he was 41 FFS how can u even compare that?He hadnt fough for 6 ******* years and you are compering that to Rjj losses against Tarver and Johnson? pls get of Roy Jones nuts and join the rest of us in reality.

And Leonard lost 3 fights in all of his carreer to Roberto Duran to Terry Norris when Norris was the champ and Leonard was coming off a two year layoff and then the Camacho fight

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
leonard got beat by hearns and hagler as well no matter what the outcome of the fight really was. Mugabi was a stron gstrong middleweight and gave hagler the best fight of his entire career. He made his inside bleeds, he peed blood for a week. But jones hit harder. Jones carried that power up all th eway to heavyweight. He eventually admited he didnt like to hurt people so he stopped goign for the knockout and just started to put on shows and boxing displays. I know my boxing. And i know who the best p4p boxer to ever live is. And just because i dont htink its the original p4p guy himself, or sugar ray leonrd who ran from guys like duran and hagler. im sorry but i think sugary ray leonard is just barely above floyd mayweather in my pp4 rankings list but that wont be for long. But you go ahead and have your oppinion. Ill take my to the grave with me. how old was leonad when he first lost, hell how old was he when he lost to hearns, ( yeah he lost ) and how old was he when he lost to norris. Still younger than jones when he had ever suffered his first real lost at age 36. those guys couldnt carry jones jockstrap. there isnt one welterweight that has ever lived that could of went up to middleweight or supermiddlweight or lhw or hw for that batter and beat roy jones. If you think there is, well thats a disorder for those sort of things.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
jones has only lost 3 in his career as well. 50 and 4 right now with 38 ko's and one of those losses was a dq that shouldnt of been.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Sugar Ray Leonard never lost to Tommy hearns. :D It was a draw. And his record is 36-3-1-25kos ( are you sure we are talking about the same guy? either that or u know something that boxrec doesnt.)

And why in gods name should a fighter like Sugar Ray Leonard stand iinfront of animals like Marvin Hagler and Roberto Duran and trade with them id like to see Roy Jones stand infront of those guys and trade with them the i bet you wouldnt like the outcome.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Leonard had iron balls dude. No fear in that man.
exactly!

But i mean even so it makes no sense to stand infront of those guys.

(imo it takes HUGE cahones to even consider getting in the ring with those 2 cause they are two bad mother******)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
SRL standing infront of hagler would have been like RJJ standing infront of ruiz, not going to happen!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
actually shane accordign to my geomoto methods that i like to practice in my spare time. Abc vs Xyz equal ROY. You see there are 26 letters in the alphabet and when you use your subtraction property vs equal divided. YOu then square ab and c. a2b2c2 is what you get. the pathogoren theory is what it is. When you square then and add them up you actually get roy. When you do th esame with xyz you get x2y2z2 and that adds up to RJJ and if you square that and then use your distribution propertuy you get RJJR. Now i know that this seems strange but im telling you its a strange phenomenon. lol :cheeky4:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
duran was smaller than leonard. ANd roy jones did stand in front of john ruiz and trade with him adn get got the better. leonard wasnt afraid of anyone. Thats why he openly admitted to being afraid of hagler and pryor. if you read my hole post. i knwo what leonrd record is im saying that off the record it hink he lost and he even admitted to it on espn not to long ago with tommy hearns sitting right next to him. Jones would of been delighted to trade with hagler and duran. He would of got the best of both. JOnes speed was much more than leonards at 160. and his power was 10x that of leonard. at middlewight, roy jones wasnt a boxer, he was a ko artist.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
TysonJones said:
actually shane accordign to my geomoto methods that i like to practice in my spare time. Abc vs Xyz equal ROY. You see there are 26 letters in the alphabet and when you use your subtraction property vs equal divided. YOu then square ab and c. a2b2c2 is what you get. the pathogoren theory is what it is. When you square then and add them up you actually get roy. When you do th esame with xyz you get x2y2z2 and that adds up to RJJ and if you square that and then use your distribution propertuy you get RJJR. Now i know that this seems strange but im telling you its a strange phenomenon. lol :cheeky4:
Lol, Lance. Freakin LOL.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
its alwyas nice to take abreak from all the seriousness. My methods provide a very hilarious side to them which allow them to be looked upon by many. :laugh: :laugh:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts