Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
"WBO junior welterweight champion Kendall Holt is looking for a new opponent after former champion Ricardo Torres pulled out of their much anticipated SHOWTIME-televised rubber match set for Saturday in Atlantic City. Due to an illness, Torres, unable to train properly which caused weight problems. The show is still on and Top Rank is expected to announce a new opponent with 24 hours." -fightnews.com

What a shame.:thumbsdown:

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
damn...i was looking forward to seeing how this fight played out. i had holt winning it.
Same. I also thought Holt would have won. Either way, this fight has been highly anticipated by boxing fans everywhere. Hopefully they can get another date scheduled maybe in January.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Less than a week until the fight...Junior Welterweight...want to make it at least somewhat entertaining since fans expected to be thrilled?

There's only one name to call. Emanuel Augustus.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Victor Ortiz or Mike Alvarado would be good replacements. They both should be ready or close to it, but I don't think Arum would allow Ortiz to get a shot at that title (bad blood).

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Itll probably be a bum IMO, I said Demetrius Hopkins drops his fight and take this one but I HIGHLY doubt that would happen. would be interesting dont you think?

Or they could replace him with another Colombia, Juan Urango :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Itll probably be a bum IMO, I said Demetrius Hopkins drops his fight and take this one but I HIGHLY doubt that would happen. would be interesting dont you think?

I don't think Showtime would pay for a bum though. Hopkins would be credible and I saw he has a fight the same day so he should be ready plus I think he's with Top Rank. I mentioned Alvarado because he has a fight the week after and is from Top Rank too. Devon Alexander the same, but a deal with probably Don King probably can't get done this fast.

Urango would be good too, but his fight is in January, so he's probably not ready. Dude is brolic and couldn't be able to get down to 140 in a week. Lamont Peterson might be a good replacement though.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

Damn Piff. Looks like you were right, looks like it's gonna be Holt-Hopkins in a stinker. I'd rather it have been Mike Alvarado, but it would have fukked up the Solo Boxeo series Finale.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Damn Piff. Looks like you were right, looks like it's gonna be Holt-Hopkins in a stinker. I'd rather it have been Mike Alvarado, but it would have fukked up the Solo Boxeo series Finale.
U serious? :laugh: good prediction I guess :thumbsup:

Yea it's not gonna be anywhere near as exciting as a Holt/Torres fight but at least D.Hopkinds will fight someone that could actually beat him.

Damn I just realized how much I came off with on dat Pacman fight (credits) ..NICE!..so wait..what happens with the credits placed on the original fight?

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
U serious? :laugh: good prediction I guess :thumbsup:

Yea it's not gonna be anywhere near as exciting as a Holt/Torres fight but at least D.Hopkinds will fight someone that could actually beat him.

Damn I just realized how much I came off with on dat Pacman fight (credits) ..NICE!..so wait..what happens with the credits placed on the original fight?
The bet is annulled, I'll get them back to you.:thumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It's not Holt-Torres, but I still like this fight.

Hopkins has to lose a little more weight for the fight and on one week notice, I give Hopkins little chance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts