Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
past two weeks i have been training 7 days a week. is this ok? i looked online and they said even with cardio you should rest. i know today i just ran and jumped rope, could that count as a rest day? what do you guys say?

·
Registered
212 Posts
what do u mean loss in growth? i just mean i havent had anything negative come from it. I dont wanna waste any time sitting at home, when i can be training and getting in better shape.

·
Registered
11 Posts
since cardio only moderately damages muscle tissue, it isn't that bad to do it every day. so long as youre not running more than 5 or 6 miles. major muscle damage like body building requires much more recovery time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
you shouldent be doing pushups everyday though. I do body weight exercises once a week but i do a lot. And if ur gonna train everyday or 6 days a week, you shouldnt be boxing everyday but switching between boxing, cardio workouts, and body weight exercises.

·
Banned
4 Posts
One thing that has not been said here, Is that everybodys genetics are different so all bodys are going to react different to different kinds of training, Another small point is that all bodys repair themselfs at different rates so unfortunatly people like me need a little more time to recover than most.

All in all learn how to listen to what your body needs, If you learn this then you will be ahead of most.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts