Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i do PE in school and learn about alot of different training methods, what sort of methods do you use to train? And what sort are especially good for boxing. The ones that iv mainly learnt about, and practised in, are: Continuous, Interval, Fartlek, Circuit, Weight, Plyometrics, Flexibility.

Looking at characteristics and the sort of things they improve, i would have thought that Plyometrics and Fartlek would be awesome for boxing but i havent heard much mention of them.

Fartlek is translated as "speed play", it involves working at a minimum of 30 minutes. In the 30 minutes you vary intensities and speeds of your running, cycling or swimming. During a boxing fight speeds and intensities would vary, so i would think this would be good. Plyometrics is things such as work with the medicine ball and press-ups with claps.

Anyways, any of you guys use these methods and how effective do you think they are?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well you gotta think, Boxing and other combat sports you need speed, strength, endurance, and speed strength. Id say lift heavy weights, do plyometrics, and do HIIT cardio. However, strength training should nvever take the place of bag work or ring training.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts