Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright fellas :thumbsup:

Well basically i'm looking for a bit of advice for somebody that is looking to fight heavyweight boxing.

I have access to good gyms etc and i just want an idea on how to develope good power but also something i would need a bit of help on is my footwork.

cheers people.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
You hsould honestly not worry about what weight class that you are in. Train your best, and whatever weight you end up as, stck with it. Building muscle to become a heavyweight makes you slower.

To develop a good punch you need tough hands, body motion when you punch, and large hands. Either one of those will work. But you most definatley need tough hands to be a puncher. So the best advice for that is hit the heavybag ALOT. you will develop all of these things naturally.

For your footwork you need to keep your left foot in front of your right. When you start out learning how to dance, bounce off one foot and on to the other, counter balancing eachother. After that you will have to make amends to it to fit your style. If you are a fighter that is very defensive and always backing up, you should learn how to dance and dodge like Muhammad Ali. If you do start to dance like Ali, make sure to work out your legs by running backwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I probably should have mentioned ive been boxing for about 5 months already, just footwork is something i strugle with, i know the basics but just tend to slug about a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts