Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much noticed, that to achieve the same 'amount of work' on the 2 mile flat surface run, I'd have to run 2.5 miles at 2% incline on the treadmill.

Just an observation.:dunno:

Cheers!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

It's me. I was rather 'pro' sparring partner to Tucker, "Quick" Tillis, Toney and other less known fighters in the early 90's in Vegas.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
El Dragon said:
Hi,

It's me. I was rather 'pro' sparring partner to Tucker, "Quick" Tillis, Toney and other less known fighters in the early 90's in Vegas.
Wow. You must have been pretty good. Were you one of the guys they just beat on or were you one of the top sparring partners?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, I got some tough times, mostly against 'unknowns.' But I did pretty well against greats. I came close sparring with Tyson when he was about to fight Seldon, but his 'entourage' didn't want me. I became friend with James 'Quick' Tillis, who encouraged me to go pro. Why I didn't? Got injured and at 32, train has left the station.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have found that while treadmill running isn't as efficient i can still get more work done on one when im distracted by the tv i don't realize how tired i am
p.s. its awesome that you sparred with those guys i bet you have a lot of info to offer:thumbsup:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I think it may be because of the varying surfaces of the road/ground that you run on. A treadmill is a consistent surface that gives a little. Out on the pavement, or grass, the surface is always changing forcing your muscles to compensate for balance a bit more. I think thats why the oradwork is a bit more challenging outside the treadmill.
Also for you younger guys, its far better to run on a track, than it is the street. They are made from a different material, have a little more give, and can be easier on your knees/joints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts