Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now they said that they were thinking of it for june BUT obviously that didn't happen. Maybe they're still talking about it? What do you guys think about it?

As Kelly Pavlik prepares to take on Jermain Taylor in a rematch this Saturday, Bob Arum, Pavlik's promoter is already laying the groundwork for Pavlik's next challenge.

According to a report out by Dan Rafael for ESPN, Pavlik's next fight could come against Felix "Tito" Trinidad. ESPN further reports the fight would happen on June 7 at New York's Madison Square Garden. Arum also told ESPN that another leading candidate is "Irish" John Duddy.

Arum confirmed to espn that he has spoken to Trinidad's promoter, Don King about making Pavlik-Trinidad. "We've talked," Arum said quoted on ESPN, adding: "Then King went down to Puerto Rico to meet with Trinidad last week. Then we spoke this week before he went to Germany and he said the meeting with the Trinidads went positively."

Arum wants the fight at 160. "If Trinidad can make that weight and provided the [revenue] split is right, we would love to make the fight," Arum said. "But I won't know for sure until I meet with King."

Kelly Pavlik vs Felix "Tito" Trinidad in June - Boxing

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
If this fight happens ill get real angry, i mean how long will Tito get big fights on his former glory. The guy is fat and i doubt he will make 160. Tito will get brutually knocked out against Pavlik since Pavlik wont go easy on him like Jones, he will humiliate Tito and that will make me sad since he was a great fighter in his prime.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Now they said that they were thinking of it for june BUT obviously that didn't happen. Maybe they're still talking about it? What do you guys think about it?

As Kelly Pavlik prepares to take on Jermain Taylor in a rematch this Saturday, Bob Arum, Pavlik's promoter is already laying the groundwork for Pavlik's next challenge.

According to a report out by Dan Rafael for ESPN, Pavlik's next fight could come against Felix "Tito" Trinidad. ESPN further reports the fight would happen on June 7 at New York's Madison Square Garden. Arum also told ESPN that another leading candidate is "Irish" John Duddy.

Arum confirmed to espn that he has spoken to Trinidad's promoter, Don King about making Pavlik-Trinidad. "We've talked," Arum said quoted on ESPN, adding: "Then King went down to Puerto Rico to meet with Trinidad last week. Then we spoke this week before he went to Germany and he said the meeting with the Trinidads went positively."

Arum wants the fight at 160. "If Trinidad can make that weight and provided the [revenue] split is right, we would love to make the fight," Arum said. "But I won't know for sure until I meet with King."

Kelly Pavlik vs Felix "Tito" Trinidad in June - Boxing
you gotta be kidding Pavlik VS Taylor 3 what a waste.:thumbsdown:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Since Pavlik is having alot of trouble finding a credible opponent in or near his weightclass this fight has a pretty good chance of happening if Trinidad doesnt price himself out. Pavlik would crush though, no mercy style, definitely would be Trinidad's last fight.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well its boxing so i wouldnt be suprised if it happened, but Tito would get humiliated im even gonna say that Pavlik beats prime tito at 160...... So today this wont even be fair Pavlik would demolish Tito since he doesnt really care whos infront of him, he will try and problaby will knock you out.

Pavlik stops tito inside 5

Tito should just stay retired he was great in his prime but he wont make any fuzz in todays boxing exept the die hard puerto ricans will think hes back and then they get dissapointed when he gets beat up.... again.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Well its boxing so i wouldnt be suprised if it happened, but Tito would get humiliated im even gonna say that Pavlik beats prime tito at 160...... So today this wont even be fair Pavlik would demolish Tito since he doesnt really care whos infront of him, he will try and problaby will knock you out.

Pavlik stops tito inside 5

Tito should just stay retired he was great in his prime but he wont make any fuzz in todays boxing exept the die hard puerto ricans will think hes back and then they get dissapointed when he gets beat up.... again.
If he isnt broke why is he still fighting? and what possible reason is their for someone to think that he wouldnt get dominated? 4 good rounds against Roy. I wonder when they will tell him to shut it down and stop embarassing himself.
I think he may have something left in him. He just fought once since his come back. I don't think he could beat pavlik though. Highly doubt it. i wouldn't mind seeing it though to be honest.
If Tito could get down to 154 I would give him a solid shot of being a or even the champ of the division. 160 and above he has 0 chance of making any type of real noise except I would give him a shot at beating Sturm, but he cant get down to 160 and he struggled to get to 170, so erase what I just said.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He hasn't run out of money at all..trust me. Look at the type of person he is. In the Jones-Trinidad countdown they didn't have him in fancy houses and stuff like mayweather. He has had much bigger fights than mayweather and gained a lot of money from that. I highly doubt he ran out of money. His father was sick thats why he stopped fighting. He said he will not fight with anyone else in his corner. His father got his health straightened out and decided lets get back into boxing. He lives in Puerto Rico..its not that expensive over there and i doubt he's been buying million dollar houses and thousand dollar cars with million dollar chains. Or even million dollar earings. So HIGHLY doubt he has no money.

And no I did not bring up Mayweather to hate i brought him up cause nobody is as flashy as he is with his money.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I dont know but Tito is one of those guys i dont like seeing getting beat up, he just looks so sad and pathetic while hes losing :S Not trying to be mean but i wont rewatch Tito vs Rjj or tito vs Winky since i just dont enjoy it or maby im just still such a big fan (used to be one of my favs) but it just kills me to see him getting beat up and thats what he will get against any top fighter above 160 tbh.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know what you mean. Tito's a really nice guy. To be honest i'ma be straight up. I wanted Roy Jones to win cause my mom was rooting for Tito but when he saw Trinidad come in the ring with a really happy and proud smile on his face. It won me over and i wanted trinidad to win. He didn't lose too bad versing RJJ cause he was happy when it was over. Its funny he speaks like my grandfather a little and the way he was playing around with roy saying "you fast" going like zoom zoom or whatever he did lol. I dont like seeing him knocked out though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts