Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Trinidad vs mosley

3K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  daveDaboxingfan 
#1 ·
Tito Trinidad vs Shane Mosley???

Why didnt this fight ever happen.
If it did when both fighters primed who would win???

#2 ·
in their prime Tito would be my choice!! pressure power and good stamina. and the answer is that Shane is a guy that has never been a fan favotite and to fight him has always been a high risk for regard risk for the named guys.

right now Shane easy!! Tito is done he lost two big fights in an ugly way getting hammered both times very badly. he would be a good match up for Vernon Forest or Kassim Uma but they will probably get him Spinks they know Spinks can't punch at all and Tito can walk tru his shots .

#3 ·
When Mosely was at his prime he was the P4P king. He would have beaten Tito just like he beat Oscar. If Oscar didnt run in the last few rounds of his fight with Tito he would have won easily. So you can imagine what Mosely would have done to him. To much speed, better foot work, better boxing abilitys, more athletic, punches at more angles. Yes Shane would have won easily.

#4 ·
I don't think so .Tito is a hard puncher and the style would lend it self to landing good shots on Mosley specially the right hand (we know the right hand lands on Shane all day) that was the one weapon that Oscar was missing and for the record I didn't think his wins over d.l.h were impressive it reminds me now of the Hopkins vs Taylor fights not exciting to watch their styles are not a match.<<boring

#6 ·
Are you telling me that the first fight between Mosely and Oscar was boring. Are you serious. It was like the Taylor Hopkins fight?:dunno: ? You got to be kidding. Shane would have beaten Tito then and he would do it now.

#10 ·
mosley was never p4p best in the world. the last 3 fighers who were regarded that were pernell whitaker, roy jones jnr and now floyd mayweather. shane was a top 5 but never regarded the best. if tito and shane had fought prime vs prime windowguy is right shane would have been open to the right hand, although he prob wouldn't have been ko'd he would have lost on all 3 judges cards.

by the way when shane was rated at #2 p4p after the oscar fight he went on to lose to forest, and forest aint no tito.

#12 ·
tito would have been stronger than shane meaning he would have been able to back shane up and we all know shane doesn't like to fight off the back foot.

#13 ·
Dave you took the words right out of my mouth. You are right he can not make adjustments. Every lost he has he couldnt make adjustments. even in the Oscar fight he didnt change. Oscar did.

#14 ·
guys the oscar fight was close however oscar should have got the win. but come on tito's a welterweight to trade he lost to winky and hop at damn middelweight where he should have been nowhere near. prime 2 prime tito would have walked all over shane who wouldn't have the pop at 147 to keep him off.

#15 ·
Tommy Shane was P4P the best and at that time he has beaten the best not like our P4P king that we have now. Shane was the last real P4P king. His boxing skills with his hand and foot speed along with his heart and boxing smarts. Tito would have has no chance in the ring with Shane.

#16 ·
prettyboywho said:
Tommy Shane was P4P the best and at that time he has beaten the best not like our P4P king that we have now. Shane was the last real P4P king. His boxing skills with his hand and foot speed along with his heart and boxing smarts. Tito would have has no chance in the ring with Shane.
shane was never p4p the best in the world, the last 3 p4p #1 guys in ring magazine have been pernell whitaker, roy jones jnr and floyd mayweather jnr. shane was a top 5 just like tito.

#18 ·
prettyboywho said:
There was a time that he was king. Rjj took the title around the time Shane had his first Forrest fight.
jones was p4p king from about 97-98 till he lost to tarver. the forest fights were before he lost to tarver so tell me when again. just because jim lampley said so during the collazo fight dont make it true.

#20 ·
prettyboywho said:
When did he lose to Tarver. And im not sayiny Mosely was king because someone else said it. Im saying it because its true.
roy lost to tarver after winky abused shane. theres never been a time when shane was p4p #1 in the world. go onto the rings website and you'll see a list of the p4p's since ray robinson i seen it a few months back and mosley is nowhere to be seen.

#25 ·
daveDaboxingfan said:
shane would have stopped Tito.
i doubt that very much he couldn't stop cruz or estrada at 147.

shane is taylor made for tito. its been proved shane is very beatable when pushed back and tito would have been in his face the whole fight. IMO tito would have won a solid UD by not giving shane time to breath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.