Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The return of former three-division champ Felix Trinidad (42-2, 35 KOs) has an ultimate goal in mind - a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya. Promoter Don King met with Trinidad last Friday to discuss the comeback in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Trinidad is planning to make his return in January 2008, and his first target is light heavyweight Roy Jones Jr. Jones has to first beat unbeaten light heavyweight Anthony Hanshaw on July 14. King told boxing writer Dan Rafael that Trinidad's comeback bout will be in New York's Madison Square Garden. Jones is the first opponent on Trindad's list, but De La Hoya is the man that Trinidad wants most.

"He's in great spirits, great health and great shape. He is going to come back," King said. "Boxing needs this now. Boxing needs Tito. What he wants to do now is he wants to kick Roy Jones' ass. It's not a one-shot deal. His ultimate goal is to whip Oscar's ass, but we won't wait on Oscar. The island ain't big enough for both of them. But he won't beg for Oscar. So he will get Oscar by whipping everyone so nobody is left for Oscar to fight."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i think oscar would enjoy getting his ass "whipped" by tito. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Tito is about as pointless as Oscar now. Both will make good money fighting, but neither will beat any young champions coming through.

·
Registered
652 Posts
It's looking more likely to be Roy Jones Jnr vs Felix Trinidad.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WelshDevilRob said:
It's looking more likely to be Roy Jones Jnr vs Felix Trinidad.
Read the thread 1st. It is going to be RJJ first then he wants to fight Oscar.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LeedsLad said:
lool thats presumin he wants to stay in boxing after RJJ sparks him out:laugh:
You're right about that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Whats the point in the ttito/dlh fight?? This fight should have been done right after their first fight!!! Why now???

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This is one of the threads I have chosen to stay away from hoping it would die. The possibility of this fight is none. Kill this thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i dont think this fight would prove anything for either of them, i think de la hoya won that fight and i dont think the 2 of them fighting after their prime will change peoples views on the first one. forget this fight

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i dont think this fight would prove anything for either of them, i think de la hoya won that fight and i dont think the 2 of them fighting after their prime will change peoples views on the first one. forget this fight
exactly mate.

and welcome to the board, its always great to have noob's contribute. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If Tito beats Roy then a fight with Oscar looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LeedsLad said:
Yeh now then it would be worth it, but i dont see Tito beating RJ.
I dont see that either, but whats wrong with a RJJ vs Oscar fight but RJJ cant get to welter anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts