Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's talk that this is almost a done deal with a shot at the WBC title in line for the winner. I was glad Arreola exposed Witherspoon for the bum he is, and im hoping now that Tua exposes Arreola so we get rid of both. I really hope Tua comes in at 230-240 and in good condition, because then he shouldn't have much problem knocking out Arreola.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Tua hasn't fought a legit contender in five years. That being said, I expect a slugfest if this happens, but I'll go with the much fresher Arreola.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Tua hasn't fought a legit contender in five years. That being said, I expect a slugfest if this happens, but I'll go with the much fresher Arreola.
I'm with ya. Arreola appears to be one of the few HW's who are interested in giving the fans what they want, aggression. Like most swarmers he sacrifices a ton of defense for his offense. I haven't seen him take any clean shots on the jaw so I'm not sure how his chin is.

I'd like to see him calm down just a tad and not lean over so much while coming forward. I don't think Tua is a good enough boxer to expose him.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tua hits hard and Arreola is wide open. I think Tua knocks him out... or maybe its just wishful thinking, i can't stand this dude.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
The only thing Arreola exposed Witherspoon of is, that Chazz could lose. Arreola is an exciting fighter in a boring division, so I don't know why dislike the guy. Arreola-Tua then the winner fighting Peter-Klitschko that sounds like 2 real good exciting fights especially if it's Peter-Arreola.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The only thing Arreola exposed Witherspoon of is, that Chazz could lose. Arreola is an exciting fighter in a boring division, so I don't know why dislike the guy. Arreola-Tua then the winner fighting Peter-Klitschko that sounds like 2 real good exciting fights especially if it's Peter-Arreola.
I agree with you Hector. Chris is some fresh new blood. And he's exciting to watch. Plus he's from around here. So I'm pulling for him

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I agree with you Hector. Chris is some fresh new blood. And he's exciting to watch. Plus he's from around here. So I'm pulling for him
I'm with you girl. I can't believe fools are hating on Arreola. What the fukk do they want? Chazz Witherspoon? Malik Scott? Danny Williams? Arreola is there to fight. He ain't there to play around.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I don't see what Arreola has done for people to hate him
Same here. He seems like a down to earth dude. He's very fan friendly because he's always moving forward, has good power, and has no problem taking a punch to deliver one. He's the type of guy that's just what the heavyweight division needs. He may not have the pedigree of Lennox Lewis or a Larry Holmes, but he's an entertaining guy and he could accomplish big things with his guts and mentality, even if he doesn't possess all of the natural talents.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
This will be a good fight...it'll be interesting to see Tua fight in his first competitive bout in a while.

G

·
Arreola, no problemo. Camaaaan, when is the last time that Tua was real impressive? The last two real studs he fought ended in losses for the Terminator (Byrd, Lewis). Add a draw to Hasim "Rock bottom" Rahman and all I see in Tua's future is loss #4.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Tua may not be the best heavyweight out there, but I wouldn't overlook a guy that can put one to sleep with one punch. Ask Ruiz LOL

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Tua may not be the best heavyweight out there, but I wouldn't overlook a guy that can put one to sleep with one punch. Ask Ruiz LOL
That was what? 10+ years ago, how many things have changed in and out of boxing since then? Way too many in Tua's case, he's facing someone younger with power, stamina, chin, and heart. He will show glimpses of his old self and his usual sturdy chin while being a stepping stone for an Arreola UD.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its not a case of hating Arreola. I like Arreola's style and he is good to watch, i just don't think hes all that good. If Tua shows up in shape he has a shot, like someone said he has one-punch KO power and an iron chin, he won't have to look for Arreola and will have no problems finding openings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts