Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of your favorite shows? Which ones do you think are overrated?

Favorites
1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Entourage

Overrated
1. Prison Break
2. Lost
3. 24

The Wire is by far the best show I have ever watched. When the Sopranos were on I figured that there would never be anything that could come close to it, but the Wire is that good.

I watched the first season of Prison Break after a few people recommended it. Well, it is garbage. Lost is just stupid, and 24 just gets more praise than it deserves.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
My favs:

Smallville
One Tree Hill
Californication
Raising the Bar

Old School favs:

X Files
Martin
Jamie Foxx
Adventures of Lois and Clark

Honorable mentions

Sopranos
The Wire
Entourage is hilarious

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Family Guy
2. South Park
3. Friday Night Fights
I used to like Family Guy, but like Southpark, I think they are running out of creativity.
My favs:

Smallville
One Tree Hill
Californication
Raising the Bar

Old School favs:

X Files
Martin
Jamie Foxx
Adventures of Lois and Clark

Honorable mentions

Sopranos
The Wire
Entourage is hilarious
What about overrated shows?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I used to like Family Guy, but like Southpark, I think they are running out of creativity.

What about overrated shows?
I'm not to familiar with shows that I don't really care for but here are some that I've tried to watch but never could get into.

Hmm overrated:

Lost
Prison Break
CSI
The Closer
I've liked a few episdoes of Dexter, but never really could get into it. Honestly, I just can't stand to look at that guy. Just something about him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not to familiar with shows that I don't really care for but here are some that I've tried to watch but never could get into.

Hmm overrated:

Lost
Prison Break
CSI
The Closer
I've liked a few episdoes of Dexter, but never really could get into it. Honestly, I just can't stand to look at that guy. Just something about him.
Oooooh good list. Prison Break is a dumbed down version of about 5 shows.

Man I gotta disagree about Dexter. The first season of that show was badass. I wish you had seen the first season or two of the Wire. As you know I am a very harsh judge of movies and shows. To me there hasn't been any shows better than the Wire and maybe 10 movies at the most are more enjoyable to me. That show is ******* fantastic.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I agree I like the wire too. I have the opputunity to buy all the season for a hundred bucks within this week. Don't know yet though.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree I like the wire too. I have the opputunity to buy all the season for a hundred bucks within this week. Don't know yet though.
Damn all 5 for only $100? Hell of a deal! Man if you get that you gotta let me borrow them! I only have 1 and 2, but I've seen them all. I've watched seasons 1 and 2 three times a piece already!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yeah my local video store is having a sale on all box sets 19.99 a piece. I may just grab 3-5 and we can swap. I'll let ya know.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I watch: Boston legal, Dexter, House, Prison Break, My name is earl.

Now, Prison break is just because I started watchin in the first season, I wont stop until it ends, you get it. even though I recognize its getting worse.

Dexter is great, BL is my fav

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I watch: Boston legal, Dexter, House, Prison Break, My name is earl.

Now, Prison break is just because I started watchin in the first season, I wont stop until it ends, you get it. even though I recognize its getting worse.

Dexter is great, BL is my fav
I've seen one epsidoe of my name is earl and never got a chacne to watch anymore. I laughed throughout the entire episode.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

Favorites
1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Entourage

Overrated
1. Prison Break
2. Lost
3. 24

The Wire is by far the best show I have ever watched. When the Sopranos were on I figured that there would never be anything that could come close to it, but the Wire is that good.

I watched the first season of Prison Break after a few people recommended it. Well, it is garbage. Lost is just stupid, and 24 just gets more praise than it deserves.
You need to cut that shitt out. 24 crushes all them shows. Jack Bauer is the homie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Boxing is better than TV - but here goes

Favorites
1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Entourage

Overrated
1. Prison Break
2. Lost
3. 24

1- Lost
2- Family Guy
3- Seinfeld
4- Aqua Teen Hunger Force
5- Brak Show
6- Squidbillies
7- King of the Hill

Tv sucks it. Boxing doesn't.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Favorites :
Dexter
The Wire
The Shield

Overrated :
Heroes
Supernatural
House M.D.

The first season of Prison Break is good and the 2nd is decent IMO so I can't put it in the overrated section but it's not one of my favs.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Favorites
1-Prison brake
2-Sarah Cornor
3-Heros - but its going down hill unless they get their ship together this season
4-Ugly Betty
5-Medium
6-Generation kill- I am getting into this.

I can't say these are overrated but I just can't bring my self to even sit through one episode.
1-The Sopranos
2-Entourage
3-south Park

I want to check out
1-Fringe
2-"something" of anarchy

Favorites
1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Entourage

Overrated
1. Prison Break
2. Lost
3. 24

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Favorites
Nip/tuck
OZ
Lost
The Shield
Entourage
South Park
Kenny vs Spenny
Its always sunny in philadelphia

Shows i enjoy watching
King Of Queens
Family Guy
Dexter
Seinfeld
Friends
OTH
The O.C
The Office(us version)

Overrated
Futurama
Prison Break
The Office (uk version)
Melrose Place(i hate this ******* show)
CSI Miami
CSI New York
CSI Las Vegas
CSI
and if there are any more version of CSI you can add them too

I cant believe no one mentioned The shield, prob my all time favs, and props to Matty for naming OZ(i have them all on DVD). But my all time favorite is problaby Nip/tuck, ******* brilliant shows.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts