Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was anyone else as happy as I was to see the big oaf tree, not oak, get chopped down. I yelled "timber" all the way as he crashed to the canvas. I've watched him on the Vs network a few times and he's an atrocity at 41-1 or whatever his record was. The first time he fights against someone with actual talent who contended for titles, he gets knocked out in less than a minute. Almost poetic. Gary Lockett doesn't even know what to do with his overwhelming assortment of boxing skills when compared to Fields. :laugh:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I was fighting with myself over who to pick in the pl league. Barrett definitely was Fields best opponent and I remember him hitting everyone he fights with a big overhand right. Still decided to go with Fields since I thought his chin was good enough to take those, and overwhelm Monte with his size and activity since the only 2 people to knock him out was W Klitschko and Valuev. Good reasoning, but I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I seem to remember somebody here somebody calling Fields a beast. And that he wasn't as bad as people think. LMAO

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i heard a lot about him but never actually bothered to check him out. lol quite funny lol

definately can see why i never knew him

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Was anyone else as happy as I was to see the big oaf tree, not oak, get chopped down. I yelled "timber" all the way as he crashed to the canvas. I've watched him on the Vs network a few times and he's an atrocity at 41-1 or whatever his record was. The first time he fights against someone with actual talent who contended for titles, he gets knocked out in less than a minute. Almost poetic. Gary Lockett doesn't even know what to do with his overwhelming assortment of boxing skills when compared to Fields. :laugh:
I dont think Fields deserves to be ridiculed, the guilty parties are the ones that padded his record and fed him the BS that he was a genuine contender. He probably believed he was headed to a title shot . In boxing we;ve seen this many times before from Carnera to Gastinau now Fields. It seems to always be the really big men too

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm sorry CJ but I almost fell out off my chair from the hysterical laughter,as I watched that big palooka get smaked right on the kisser, I know what you mean about his handlers, but that big lugg should have learn by now how to duck a punch.
Anyways what ever their plan was, it's no more this guys run at boxing has ended, to continue would be dumb and absurd he does not have what it takes......

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I dont think Fields deserves to be ridiculed, the guilty parties are the ones that padded his record and fed him the BS that he was a genuine contender. He probably believed he was headed to a title shot . In boxing we;ve seen this many times before from Carnera to Gastinau now Fields. It seems to always be the really big men too
:laugh::laugh: I do

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He may very well be a nice dude and I'm sure this sucks for him, but he is a pain to watch and I'm hoping I won't have to see him again.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
He may very well be a nice dude and I'm sure this sucks for him, but he is a pain to watch and I'm hoping I won't have to see him again.
The worst one was NFL footballer Marc Gastinau. The fixed his fight and the guy really thought he was a killer lol. The idea was to get him to 12-0, then George Foreman would fight him. Well you know George wouldnt have no part in a scam like that. Gastinau was lucky he ran up against another on the level guy Tim Doc Anderson. Tim kicked his ass and the plan was done
There was a TV prog 60 mins called Beyond The Ropes told the story talked to the dive takers and everything

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I cant remember who, but I remember someone in this Forum saying taht he was a monster, for real. A pinch of reality is good sometimes

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've never seen him fight but I looked him up online when I was checking out who the undercards were... then I watched him and just thought it was comedy.:laugh::laugh::laugh: He was a former basketball player in college.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Never even heard of Fields until Saturday night but I guess he was favored to win so that was quite shocking and entertaining to see him get pumped by Barrett so easily.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bob Arum, as great a promoter as he is, blew it big time in throwing away all those Vs. network dates he had by putting Fields on them. Out of all of the great fighters in the Top Rank stable, THAT'S the guy you want to show off to the public on cable in an effort to get them interested in boxing?! :thumbsdown:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts