Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday, the baddest man on the planet was a suprise guest at PRIDE FIGHTING'S press conference to announce his official signing with PRIDE. The boxing legend addressed the crowd saying that he will be participating in PRIDE sometime in the near future.

Tyson also revealed his feelings about PRIDE saying that it is the best fighting organization in the world with the most talented fighters, and that he is happy to be a part of PRIDE. Tyson, who at age 20 became the youngest man to win the heavyweight title, has long been a fan of mixed martial arts with Fedor Emelianenko and Vitor Belfort as his two of his favorite PRIDE fighters.

No date or opponent has been set yet but the rumor is he will face the knock out artist Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic. Tyson will not be fighting under the normal MMA rules were kicks are involved. Many people believe this will be an exhibition match or someone will take a dive, like a "work".

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unlike in the USA, over in Japan, Tyson is still huge and larger than life.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
mike would have far to much for these guys, he ko them with a jab. the same goes for the ufc guys.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It actually depends on the rules. If kicks are allowed and he fight Mirko CroCop, then Tyson is gonna get KTFO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
if these guys even dream they could beat mike they should wake up and apologise.:laugh:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tommygunn said:
if these guys even dream they could beat mike they should wake up and apologise.:laugh:
Mirko CroCop can beat Tyson if he were to fight under pride rules. CroCop is a kickboxer and kickboxers beat boxers everytime.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Kameleon said:
Mirko CroCop can beat Tyson if he were to fight under pride rules. CroCop is a kickboxer and kickboxers beat boxers everytime.
ive never seen this guy fight but is he a better mma guy than liddel or ortiz.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He is a HW and Liddell and Ortiz are LHW's. He can definately beat Ortiz just like Liddell can. It depends on who you ask, some people think Liddell is better some think CroCop is better. IMO, CroCop is alot more deadly than Liddell. CroCop has a saying in Croatian which translates to "If I kick you with my right leg, you will end up in the hospital. If I kick you with my left leg, you will end up dead." No one as actually died from a left leg kick but they do get KO'd everytime. I feel Tyson can beat him if there are no leg kicks, CroCop can punch but Tyson is a better puncher, IMO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Kameleon said:
He is a HW and Liddell and Ortiz are LHW's. He can definately beat Ortiz just like Liddell can. It depends on who you ask, some people think Liddell is better some think CroCop is better. IMO, CroCop is alot more deadly than Liddell. CroCop has a saying in Croatian which translates to "If I kick you with my right leg, you will end up in the hospital. If I kick you with my left leg, you will end up dead." No one as actually died from a left leg kick but they do get KO'd everytime. I feel Tyson can beat him if there are no leg kicks, CroCop can punch but Tyson is a better puncher, IMO.
i know there lightheavys it was just a comparison, but if this guys even just a little better than liddel tyson would kill him, when mike gets hold of him its good night. ill always take a top boxer to beat a top mma guy.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yeah, but if Tyson gets kneed in the face the fight would be taken right out of him. But he is a street fighter.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
cmon on guys this is the man who held the biggest prize in sport on 2 ocasions i dont think a karate kid will be able to go 60 seconds with mike, itll be like the tom and jerry cartoon where the big dog gets tom hits the top of his head and tom gets thumped into the ground.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
But Tyson couldn't take a punch, when he gets kicked/kneed in the face he will reallygo down or as I said he will either get pissed off, or cry all the way home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts