1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike Tyson’s UK Schedule!

Tuesday, April 8 2008

By Lisa Scott

Two years ago, ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson visited Great Britain and attended a series of dinners which helped raise several thousand pounds for local charities - one of which was for the family of a Yorkshire police woman who was brutally killed in the line of duty. Next month, the former two-time heavyweight champ will return to Britain on a 5 city tour organized by Fisher Promotions, with the hope of raising even more money for various local causes. The dates and locations are as follows:
Friday, May 23rd at Manchester Old Trafford
Sunday, May 25th at Carlisle Sands Centre
Tuesday May 27th at Birmingham ICC
Wednesday May 28th at Gateshead Federation Breweries
Thursday May 29th at Doncaster Dome
For ticket information call: 01925 414123 / 07710 525 389.

Well thats nice of the man. Guess its the least he can do to get his name out there. I hope he's still training for Holyfield ;)

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
So he actually started training for that fight???

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not personally no. Last I heard from the guy he trains in his own gym and has open sessions for people to see him train.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I heard hes back in the gym training again, but i REALLY hope the rumours of Tyson-Holy III are false.

I could actually head upto Doncaster Dome on the 29th, it isnt too far from here, but i doubt i will.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I hope he is training because the last I saw him he looked like he was about 300 pounds.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I really am the only one who wants to see Tyson Holyfield III. I know it would be a complete disaster for Tyson who is my favorite boxer ever, but I still refuse to think his career is over.

Hit that Dome up Leeds and take pics for us.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
You aint the only one I hope the fight happens.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I don't like watching two shitttty boxers go at it with nothing at stake just because of their names.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sad part is I still see the old Tyson. When he lost to that old Irish prick a while back I couldnt beleive what I saw. Like I was surprised or something.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
"I don't have that same killer in me anymore. The animal inside of me is gone, and I don't really want to fight anymore." He then went on to say he wished he could give the PPV money back to the fans and said that he just didn't care anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
This fight wont be on PPV but Id still watch it.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh thats right. I remember almost feeling sorry for him and myself. I would still support that guy and buy any PPV he is on even if its him sitting their reading a Dr Seuss book.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Im not sure about that but I thought he was training all the time.
lol I wouldn't put money on that.:laugh: I've read he wants to get three months in the gym before he makes a decision so he can see what kind of shape he can gets in. i'm no expert, but what kind of physical shape could he possible be in only three months. esp since I can garuntee you he was in such awful shape before he started training again. I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't gotten back in the gym at all yet.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Once the big guys let them self go its very hard for them to get back in shape again. Tyson has admited to hating the gym in the past so if he fights i'll guarentee everyone he come out swinging for two rounds then blow his load.

Still, im a sucker for a Tyson comeback and id buy his fight if it was PPV.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts