Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent report in The Mirror revealed that former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson will be ringside at the City of Manchester stadium to support Ricky Hatton's return on May 24. Hatton, who faces the durable Juan Lazcano, makes his first ring appearance since being stopped by Floyd Mayweather Jr. last December.

Tyson had backed him to beat Mayweather, and made the following comments about Hatton before the fight: "I like his style, I like his attitude. I don't like Mayweather's arrogance and it would be good for the sport to have someone like Hatton right at the top."

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
A recent report in The Mirror revealed that former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson will be ringside at the City of Manchester stadium to support Ricky Hatton's return on May 24. Hatton, who faces the durable Juan Lazcano, makes his first ring appearance since being stopped by Floyd Mayweather Jr. last December.

Tyson had backed him to beat Mayweather, and made the following comments about Hatton before the fight: "I like his style, I like his attitude. I don't like Mayweather's arrogance and it would be good for the sport to have someone like Hatton right at the top."
:laugh: This coming from a guy who claimed he was the greatest warrior God has ever created...

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that comment had a great deal of irony myself.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Tyson was great for boxing, if he would be coming up now i would love to see what numbers tose MMA ppv would be doing :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
as far as im concerned Iron Mike can say whatever he wants. The guy has earned that right. Let him think what he wants. and at one time Mike Tyson was THE BEST. but time changes everything and so does Buster Douglas.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Tyson coul;d have been the best heavyweight in history, he could possibly have went down as the greatest fighter in history if the back bone of his team had stayed together (Atlas or Rooney and Jacobs).

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Speaking of God, when I get to heaven, Im going to ask him to kindly let me watch what would have happened between prime Tyson vs Rocky Marciano. :D

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speaking of God, when I get to heaven, Im going to ask him to kindly let me watch what would have happened between prime Tyson vs Rocky Marciano. :D
When I get to heaven I'm going to have God build me a midget with a parrot's head and a huge rack.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pciture something that's about 3' 6" tall, has a parrot's head and a person's body with gigantic hooters. C'mon man! hang with me here.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Ali you could say the same about. I think Tyson would have taken Lewis but that's a different thread and a different argument.
Gotta disagree there When they used to spar as teens with Cus D'amato they said Lewis always had the edge

1 - 20 of 38 Posts