Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched the fight and totally forgot about the tyson knockdown of douglas in that fight. I counted 14 long seconds form the time he hit the canvas. Man. If only huh.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
thats true, he was officialy down for 14 secs, if only indeed.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
That fight would have set up a fight with Holyfield. A prime Tyson vs a prime young Holyfield. Wow you are right "IF ONLY"

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I remember that stupid ass referee! That made me so angry, yet it was rarely talked about.
Why is that. Was it that big of a cover up by the commision?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I think most people were just shocked at seeing Tyson get KTFO. Douglas did have him a nice lil nap on the canvas.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yep. I was screaming at my tv. I always count out loud as soon as someone goes down. I was counting very loud when Miranda was down!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill give douglas this, he beat mike tyson better than holyfield did. But tyson should of got the ko win in the 8th. The ref waved the fight off when tyson got up at 8. The image of tyson putting his mouth piece will never leave my head until i die. If only ya know. if only.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Imagine if you threw some money down on Douglas? If I recall, he was like a 70 to 1 underdog? Damn, you would have made some big bucks!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the odds tightened up significantly after people foudn out tyson was knocked down in sparring and was as fit as he usually is

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no **** nady should be banned just for the he refs, i hate that he breaks guys up every 2 seconds, let them at least try to fight out of a clinch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah i will never forget... damn refs these days are the same way... I wish they would just CALM DOWN and back up and let them fight... thats what people pay for right? I mean even if someones throwing a million punches and nothings happening you don't stop a fight... if there clinched let them break up... we don't need a damn ref until an illegal blow is made or until someone gets knocked down... and I think if they go all 12 and its tied let them continue until someone falls.. especially when its PPV... let them fight until the last man stands.....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no ****, if they do ever have openscoring and its tied at the end of the 12, let them fight until someone quits.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep, 13 rounds or 15 rounds would be good for me. that usually settles most draws. i dont know how many good matches that needed 3 more rounds to decide the winner.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
Boxing needs to get rid of any draws one more round or fluck it 2 more rounds.
I disagree. You need the draw in boxing some fights are just that close and some fight need to be fought again. Also some fighters are equal to one another.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts