Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been recent rumblings in the Boxing world that Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson could fight for a third time. Now in an exclusive interview with the Guardian's Donald McRae, Holyfield has admitted that Tyson indeed approached him, through an intermediary, to discuss the possibility of a rematch.

"There has been some talk between us," Holyfield stated, adding: "Mike had Jeff Fenech, who's been training him, call me a few months ago."

Holyfield went on to add that if the money was right and if Tyson dedicated himself to the fight, he would probably fight Tyson again.

Holyfield stated: "Jeff says Mike wants to fight me again - but he needs to know if I would agree to it. I said, 'It all depends on what they gonna give us - because I'm gonna catch a lot of flak if I say I'm fighting Mike Tyson again. I've already said I don't want to fight Mike no more'. Jeff says, 'What if Mike gets in proper shape?' I told him that's OK but I can't be part of it if Mike's going to pull out. "

"Jeff said, 'The main thing Mike wants to know is if you would be willing to fight him again?' I said, 'Yeah, if the price is right, I probably would'."

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:laugh::laugh::laugh: But you'll watch it wouldnt you?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mean a network would actually cover it? :laugh:
That thing would be on PPV. HBO and Showtime would fight for it.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
If they go at it and it appears that Mike is taking it seriously than I'll watch, he shouldnt' go into it unless he's 110% comitted, what would be the point of getting himself humilliated once again, even though Evander is over the hill he still a better man at this point in both of their lives...

·
Registered
624 Posts
yea that will be a massive fight! ITS ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$

the tyson holyfield fights were huge all around the world imagine the demand to watch this fight! i will watch it 100%

its ike tyson back in the ring- he won't be no way near as good as he was but it will still be tyson!

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
They should'nt go crazy with the PPV cost, remember both of these guy's are consider dinosours now and a lot of people would considered it a joke, especially that old sourgrape Larry Merchant a 40.00 maximum should do the trick and it should be held in last Vegas in an Outdoor arena early afternoon maybe on the 4 of july a day when Vegas is packed.
which ever hotel host the fight should hold an event called MEET THE CHAMPS, and invite former champions for weekend activities in order to attract more fans and guarantee a sell out, I'm telling you is a winner.

·
Registered
624 Posts
hahahaha! ^^^ future entropenour!! nice idea!

but i think this fight will make loads of money anyway!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Holyfield would win again without a doubt.

Hes been fighting recently and against quality opponents. Tyson would have to get trough some ring rust Holyfield would not.

I hope this doesnt happen tho.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they go at it and it appears that Mike is taking it seriously than I'll watch, he shouldnt' go into it unless he's 110% comitted, what would be the point of getting himself humilliated once again, even though Evander is over the hill he still a better man at this point in both of their lives...
I dont think it'll happen at all if Tyson aint in it 150%. Tyson is smart and he knows that it wont sell unless he is in it to win it. They would ned tons of promotion. TV shows, SNL, Late Night talk shows, They both appeard on WWE programs so something can be done with that too. They sould do a 24/7 and as interesting as Mayweather is. The world would still be more interested in watching how Tyson lives, trains, and s#$t talk. And to take it up another level. The Tyson movie should come out around the sametime as the fight or at least within the time the fight is sign and the time it happens.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I dont think it'll happen at all if Tyson aint in it 150%. Tyson is smart and he knows that it wont sell unless he is in it to win it. They would ned tons of promotion. TV shows, SNL, Late Night talk shows, They both appeard on WWE programs so something can be done with that too. They sould do a 24/7 and as interesting as Mayweather is. The world would still be more interested in watching how Tyson lives, trains, and s#$t talk. And to take it up another level. The Tyson movie should come out around the sametime as the fight or at least within the time the fight is sign and the time it happens.
By then old Mikey would 've most likely gotten into another jam, and be too busy in court and the sequel will be in the works so we must as well forgit about it

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it might happen

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I think it might happen
I realy don't think Tyson has anything left in him , except the need to support himself some how ,it just seems to me that during the training regimen he'll end up changing his mind .. The man is totally Mentally ,Physically, and spiritually, depleated the concecuense of living a bad life.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I realy don't think Tyson has anything left in him , except the need to support himself some how ,it just seems to me that during the training regimen he'll end up changing his mind .. The man is totally Mentally ,Physically, and spiritually, depleated the concecuense of living a bad life.
I dont know I can still see him doing it. I guess thats my Eastside comming out of me.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.