Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official Website:
UFC 74: Respect

UFC 74: AUGUST 25, 2007 IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
venue: Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada

Main Card Bouts:
-Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*
-Joe Stevenson (#10 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Kurt Pellegrino
-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote
-Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Gonzales Crane

Preliminary Bouts:
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath
-Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir
-Thales Leites vs. Ryan Jensen

United States PPV suggested retail price: $39.95

* Based on MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
While I do like MMA, I just find it hard to pay to see it. I'd much rather spend the shells to see a good boxing match, but thats just me.
I do enjoy watching Couture though. Its hard to not like the guy. Just a cool guy who shows a lot of respect for everyone, but still brawls like a freaking animal.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree like always. This Gonzaga guy weighed in at 252 yesterday, and Coutoure was 228. Gonzaga looked massive!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couture is my dad. The dude is 44 and just took the 28 year old Gonzaga apart round after round... Amazing.

Great card all together. The Roger Huerta/Alberto Crane fight was sick! Stevenson/Pellegrino was a war as well! Georges St.Pierre was on top form, that guy is an ANIMAL.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well worth the money guys. Awesome. Even if you have to go to UFC.com and pay 2 bucks to see a fight of your choice, it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I'm with Capn'. I'd rather pay to see boxing then MMA (which I'm not willing to pay to watch). I'll watch UFC if its on, but other than that, I'm not going to watch.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I hate watching guys on the floor with each other.

Thats exactly what I hate. IMO it is very boring to watch them roll around with each other on the floor. IMO watching clinching is more exciting then that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts