Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PBF, you wanted to know when Houston Alexander was fighting next, well he's fighting tomorrow (or today depending on when you read this). He is going against another guy who prefers to bang it out on the feet rather than grapple. Should be interesting. Someone is getting KTFO.

Also, last time you watched an event PBF, you said you liked Kurt Pellegrino's boxing, and thought he did a good job. Well he too is fighting on this card, and against Nate Diaz the guy you hated last event.

On top of that, your boy Din Thomas is fighting tomorrow too, and he is the one that annoyed you when he called out Mayweather that one day.

So it appears tomorrow you know quite a few of the fighters. It's live and free, and should be starting at 7:00 PM EST.

Here is the card:

FC FIGHT NIGHT 13: APRIL 2, 2008 ON SPIKE TV
venue: Broomfield Event Center in Broomfield, Colorado

Main Card Bouts:
-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
-Karo Parisyan (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Thiago Alves
-Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch
-Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz
-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard**

Preliminary Bouts:
-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Roberts
-Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox
-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
-George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan
-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson

Main card airs live on Spike TV starting at 7:00 PM (ET/PT) on Wednesday, April 2 as a lead-in to the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 7

* Based on MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings

**Swing Bout

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
PBF, you wanted to know when Houston Alexander was fighting next, well he's fighting tomorrow (or today depending on when you read this). He is going against another guy who prefers to bang it out on the feet rather than grapple. Should be interesting. Someone is getting KTFO.

Also, last time you watched an event PBF, you said you liked Kurt Pellegrino's boxing, and thought he did a good job. Well he too is fighting on this card, and against Nate Diaz the guy you hated last event.

On top of that, your boy Din Thomas is fighting tomorrow too, and he is the one that annoyed you when he called out Mayweather that one day.

So it appears tomorrow you know quite a few of the fighters. It's live and free, and should be starting at 7:00 PM EST.

Here is the card:

FC FIGHT NIGHT 13: APRIL 2, 2008 ON SPIKE TV
venue: Broomfield Event Center in Broomfield, Colorado

Main Card Bouts:
-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
-Karo Parisyan (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Thiago Alves
-Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch
-Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz
-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard**

Preliminary Bouts:
-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Roberts
-Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox
-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
-George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan
-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson

Main card airs live on Spike TV starting at 7:00 PM (ET/PT) on Wednesday, April 2 as a lead-in to the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 7

* Based on MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings

**Swing Bout
Thanks man. I'll definitely check it out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
HAAH yeah the chokeslam was awesome! believe it was the first succesful one in mma history.

But yeah alot of good fights on the card, ill def be watching.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Houston's KO is an example of how diverse your defense needs to be. Irvin's technique was sweet. He raises his leg like he's going to kick, making Houston prepare his defense for the leg, only it's a feint and he throws a serious right that lands on the chin. Totaly unexpected and totally awesome. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Houston's KO is an example of how diverse your defense needs to be. Irvin's technique was sweet. He raises his leg like he's going to kick, making Houston prepare his defense for the leg, only it's a feint and he throws a serious right that lands on the chin. Totaly unexpected and totally awesome. :thumbsup:
Oh I thought that was a half assed SuperMan punch. Either was it worked.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Well I liked 2 of the fights last night. The Houston Alexander fight and the Pellegrino fight were both ok. I had it recording so I was able to fast forward through all of the other fights during all the time where I could tell they were on the ground. Alexander just barely got grazed. I can't believe it did that much damage.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Man i love Nate Diaz he always gets the job done!! it doesnt matter how much u beat on he kid hes gonna catch you in a sub, its just a matter of time and i loved how he just knew he had won when he locked the riangle in he started to celebrate as soon as he locked it in :p Lets hope he doesnt get stupid like his brother and ruin his career.

Biggest suprise for me was that Maynard won Edgar, imo Edgar is way too small for the 155 division and Maynard is almost too big ^^ i honestly think Maynard could outwrestle Sherk, but overall a very entertaining night.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Man i love Nate Diaz he always gets the job done!! it doesnt matter how much u beat on he kid hes gonna catch you in a sub, its just a matter of time and i loved how he just knew he had won when he locked the riangle in he started to celebrate as soon as he locked it in :p Lets hope he doesnt get stupid like his brother and ruin his career.
No doubt. Hes the cockiest mother in the world but your right he gets the job done every time. I thought his brother wasn't allowed to be ringside but he was there last night. Guess Dana forgave him. His brother was a straight badass too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Alexander reminds me of a fastball pitcher with only one pitch, once people figure him out he's in trouble.

I think he's at that point now where enough people know what he's about. Rushing in and throwing bombs, and he got beat on that.

Time to start using some leg kicks and wrestling Houston, this is MMA not "ultimate boxing."

Florian .. Since TUF I keep thinking he'll lose but he doesn't. Damn impressive.

Diaz is the quintessential BJJ MMA fighter, no matter what just keeps going for submission after submission after submission. Damn!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts