-Houston Alexander vs. Eric Schafer

Preliminary Bouts:
-Wilson Gouveia vs. Ryan Jensen
-Joe Lauzon vs. Kyle Bradley
-Dan Miller vs. Rob Kimmons
-Drew McFedries vs. Mike Massenzio
-Jason Brilz vs. Brad Morris
-Alessio Sakara vs. Joe Vedepo

Main card airs live in the United States on Spike TV as the lead-in to the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 8

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I tried. I really tried to give MMA a chance, and it failed miserably. I watched the last 3 PPV's as well as the Affliction one.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Im interested to see if Alexander the real deal of that KO was legit. Dude has some power but maybe hes not the fighter everyone thought he was. I thought Joe Lauzon was fighting in the one. That guy is a beast too.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Should be entertaining and since its free im def gonna catch this one.

And shane you tried im sure the MMA fans cant ask for more man :) MMA isnt for everyone and the same could be said about boxing. I like both altho boxing will always be my favorite sport.

And Matty Alexander is not the real deal, he lost last of his two fight by tko, altho his opponent isnt really good this time im sure he will lose.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Pretty entertaining fights, Nate is freaking awesome! God i cant get enough of that dude(no ****). Houston lost like i thought he would, Danzig lost altho it thought hed win it did not suprise me to see him lose. But go i cant stand watching ppv on spike, since they play those ******* commercials every ******* 5 minutes!!!!!! I would rather pay 50 bucks for this **** tbh.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Yea The fights werent that good but again Nate is just an animal. Hes like a ******* spider the way he tries to work the submissions. He will be champion one day for sure. But again, who cares?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wasn't a bad show but it wasn't near the best Fight Night the UFC has put together.

Houston is a huge flop. No ground game whatsoever. You'd think that after 5 fights in the UFC he'd at least have developed some kind of ground game but I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. He's just got loads of power and that's about it.

I thought Herman won that fight with Belcher. Rounds 1 and 3.

Guida won against Danzig but he really didn't look like himself. Danzig really had strong defense on his back and it never allowed Guida to do anything substantially offensive and slowed the fight down. Guida is known for exciting fights and this was probably the most boring fight of the night. We'll excuse it this time since he has several classic battles out there. If Danzig didn't gas he may have been able to keep it on the feet long enough to pull this one out.

Nate is slick. I just can't see him generating any power in his punches, but Rogan was right. They are accurate and he just keeps throwing them, scoring points and setting up the grappling game. His ground game is sick! No way was that fight a split decision. What fight were the judges watching?! Nate clearly won that fight, every round!

Overall, as far as UFN's usually go, I'd give this one a 5 out of 10. Usually are much better. But hey, I got to sit and home and drink beer watching fights for free. Gave me something to do, so no complaints!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.