Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only the velcro version and i don't like 'em, fill's too soft...
Are they too soft in terms of you being used to grants (punchers gloves), or are they too soft compared to other other non-punchers gloves (title, everlast, rival, ringside, fairtex)??? Would you classify them as pillow gloves?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I consider them "tofu gloves".
Compared to Ringside IMF, Twins, Title, Windy, Everlast, Fairtex, Grant, and Reyes they're very squishy.
I'd hit stuff and i could feel the fill wobble like squeezing tofu (before it breaks).
It'll shift and you can hurt your wrist or elbow.
In sparring it was almost impossible to hurt anyone; but they were off balance enough to make me less precise and with that padding I couldn't tell if i was making contact - so i was stuck making more contact than i wanted to for light, but not enough contact for going hard.
if both guys had those gloves on, i could see using them.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I consider them "tofu gloves".
Compared to Ringside IMF, Twins, Title, Windy, Everlast, Fairtex, Grant, and Reyes they're very squishy.
I'd hit stuff and i could feel the fill wobble like squeezing tofu (before it breaks).
It'll shift and you can hurt your wrist or elbow.
In sparring it was almost impossible to hurt anyone; but they were off balance enough to make me less precise and with that padding I couldn't tell if i was making contact - so i was stuck making more contact than i wanted to for light, but not enough contact for going hard.
if both guys had those gloves on, i could see using them.

Thanks, I most likely won't consider getting them then and just stick with the grants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts