Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than Marciano, does anyone know of a champion in any class that retired as an undefeated undisputed world cahmpion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ricardo Lopez came close. He is a Mexican fighter who retired in 2001 or 2002. I'm not sure of his exact fight record, I know he fought over 40 fights with no defeats and 1 draw. He wasn't an undisputed champion and if I'm correct he fought in 3 different wieght classes in his career. Don't quote me but I think he fought as a minimum weight, jr flyweight, and flyweight. Just a great boxer with great knockout power.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I know Lennox Lewis was only the third heavyweight to retire as champ. I believe he had unified the belts, so that would be undisputed.
Unfortunately, he had one questionable "stoppage" which was his only loss. I must be one of the only guys that appreciated his fighting ability and class. Most people just write Lewis off.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Oh by the way Lewis was good but wouldn't be champ in the 70's. Maybe in the 80's but not the 70's.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
I know Lennox Lewis was only the third heavyweight to retire as champ. I believe he had unified the belts, so that would be undisputed.
Unfortunately, he had one questionable "stoppage" which was his only loss. I must be one of the only guys that appreciated his fighting ability and class. Most people just write Lewis off.

I love Lewis & he is my favorite of all time , so I also appreciate his ability. :thumbsup:

Oh he had 2 losses not 1.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Lewis is neutral to me. I don't love him but I don't hate him either.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I believe Sven Ottke retired undefeated a few years back. He was the WBA & IBF super middle champ at the time but not all 3. i think he retired 34-0

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
No he had a loss or draw, I don't know with who but I know he wasn't undefeated.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
What are you guys gonna think when Valuev the giant 7 ft russian beats Marcianos streak & goes 50-0? He only has a few more fights to go :cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
He won't unless he's a wuss and fights only the weakest oppenents. He won't retire after that, Willie Pep went 62 and 0 before his first loss.

·
Registered
67 Posts
correction about Sven Ottke's record

bill1234 said:
No he had a loss or draw, I don't know with who but I know he wasn't undefeated.
According to Boxing Record Archives, Sven Ottke retired after having won all thirty-four of his fights.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I'm checking that site out to see if its legit. Now whats the name of this site?

·
Registered
67 Posts
bill1234 said:
I'm checking that site out to see if its legit. Now whats the name of this site?
It's called Boxing Record Archives. It may be accessed at Boxing, in this message.

Go to the menubar on top of the home page. Click name. Type Sven Ottke in the first and last name spaces. Click All Fighters. That brings you to his record for his last six fights, six green blocks on the right for wins. Click on to "Sven Ottke", on the left.

That will bring you to his list of statistics on the top. Beneath that will be his record of W34(6 ko's) L0 D0 Total 34. What they call "6ko's" is actually three knockouts, three TKOs. Boxrec lumps them together.

Beneath that is his career record, first fight on the bottom going to his last fight on the top. Shown there are dates and places of bouts, opponents' names, weights of both fighters in each bout, the record for each of his opponent's last six fights, red for losses, green for wins, the result of each
fight on the right and the number of rounds to the right of there. In the middle are the names of referees, judges and how each judge voted.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
He probably had a no decion, or no contest.

Hard work ain't easy but its fair. :cool:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts