Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well today i get a call from someone working at gleason's gym saying "Is this Bryan? Don't forget your fight is tomorrow weigh ins are at 5" so i say "TOMORROW!?" and she says yes its tomorrow. So i ask my trainer before why did someone call me telling me my fight is on the 24th he was saying how they didn't even call him to not worry about it. I spoke to him today and he thinks someones trying to set me up cause there are people more experienced than me and i have no fights under my belt. He said I'm not going tomorrow to fight. Will this be on my record? i don't even have that boxing book thing that you need to fight in amateur boxing. Basically i was scheduled for TWO fights. And i accidentally signed up to something and i didn't know they'd put me into a fight. As of now I'm fighting July 19th which i think its during the Cotto-Margarito fight I'm not sure my trainer said it might be and he hopes not. Neither do I.

Today i sparred 2 rounds and I've been sparring heavyweights not people my weight class which is 119 (i moved up thank god I'm gaining either muscle or just weight) It's really hard to get in. Is it because they're heavyweights? Probably is but I'm having trouble getting in.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
0-0 lol I'm going into my first fight July 19th. For some reason i always have trouble getting in. I've never fought someone my weight class only 150 and above. The closest to my weight class was like 140 but he moved up in weight.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
0-0 lol I'm going into my first fight July 19th. For some reason i always have trouble getting in. I've never fought someone my weight class on 150 and above. The closest to my weight class was like 140 but he moved up in weight.
How many rounds?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my trainer doesn't think i'm ready yet so he was like lets push it to august. I think it may be 3 rounds or 4 i dont know. I wasn't have trouble getting in with the guy smaller than me i think i did pretty well but my trainer says i need to skate out more and then i need better leg movement. He said i also need to throw more punches but the only punches i was capable of landing were jab, straight right and hooks to the body. I've never landed an uppercut during sparring and i've landed a hook but i don't know..guess i'm being cautious? Cause those are the only punches i feel like i can only land. I landed more than i did on the heavyweights today. Caught him with clean shots and we don't use our full power cause its a club we have our little gym where my trainer trains us. I think i hit him pretty hard his face got red i was like "Ah i hit you too hard sorry" then tapped gloves. That was a straight right. My left hook is lethal on the back and the mits. Why can't i land it as good on them?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Well my trainer doesn't think i'm ready yet so he was like lets push it to august. I think it may be 3 rounds or 4 i dont know. I wasn't have trouble getting in with the guy smaller than me i think i did pretty well but my trainer says i need to skate out more and then i need better leg movement. He said i also need to throw more punches but the only punches i was capable of landing were jab, straight right and hooks to the body. I've never landed an uppercut during sparring and i've landed a hook but i don't know..guess i'm being cautious? Cause those are the only punches i feel like i can only land. I landed more than i did on the heavyweights today. Caught him with clean shots and we don't use our full power cause its a club we have our little gym where my trainer trains us. I think i hit him pretty hard his face got red i was like "Ah i hit you too hard sorry" then tapped gloves. That was a straight right. My left hook is lethal on the back and the mits. Why can't i land it as good on them?
Just remember that in the fight it's a fight, so swing as hard as you can. It's harder to land punches in sparring because they are moving targets and trying not to get hit.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My trainer's probably gonna want me to wear the gyms name on my shirt BUT if i can i will. I'll try to film it for yo uguys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts