Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Nicaraguan newspaper El Nuevo Diario, Ricardo “ El Matador” Mayorga has accepted Fernando “El Feroz” Vargas’s request to have the weight limit of their November 8 bout changed to 168 pounds, the super middleweight limit.

Neither fighter has fought above 160 pounds in his career.


Vargas and Mayorga had been set to fight on September 8th, but Vargas postpone the bout after he was diagnosed with anemia, a blood condition that was making him sluggish during his training camp.

The bout has since been rescheduled for November 23, an unusual date for a pay-per-view boxing event because it falls on a Friday and not Saturday, which is the typical day for a PPV events.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
They should just bring them both to a press conf. and let them go at it. All their people get out of the way and the winner takes all the money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This fight is getting less and less interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
It's turning into a soap opera. just keeps dragging out the story.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they both are washed up anyways.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
When will you guys just give up on this fight like I have? It is two washed up hasbeens going at it for another paycheck. This has ZERO effect on anything in any division, and they can't even make good on what weight they are supposed to be at. The fight will end up at cruiserweight in 2009.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
Vargas is a big fatty. I liked him in his prime, but hes just getting annoying now. I wish he'd just retire so he can eat as much crap as he likes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
When will you guys just give up on this fight like I have? It is two washed up hasbeens going at it for another paycheck. This has ZERO effect on anything in any division, and they can't even make good on what weight they are supposed to be at. The fight will end up at cruiserweight in 2009.

lol you right about that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
2 things.

mayorga isnt washed up, he's only lost outside welterweight to the best guys around. he's only a welterweight who has man'd up against the big names outside his comfort zone.

mayorga will be a handfull for any the top welters including floyd,hatton,cotto,cintron.

do i think he beats vargas? no, vargas is to big for him and has been an A-level boxer all his career, he only looked bad in the 2nd mosley fight because making weight for it killed any chance he had of performing.

dont judge these guys on there loses because theres been circumstances.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TommyGunn said:
2 things.

mayorga isnt washed up, he's only lost outside welterweight to the best guys around. he's only a welterweight who has man'd up against the big names outside his comfort zone.

mayorga will be a handfull for any the top welters including floyd,hatton,cotto,cintron.

do i think he beats vargas? no, vargas is to big for him and has been an A-level boxer all his career, he only looked bad in the 2nd mosley fight because making weight for it killed any chance he had of performing.

dont judge these guys on there loses because theres been circumstances.
I got Mayorga all the way
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
The following is from Fernando Vargas mouth to me:

IVE BEEN GETTING MAIL ASKING ME IF THE FIGHTS AT 168??? AND MY

ANSWER IS NO! THE FIGHT WILL BE AT 165! I DONT KNOW HOW SOME

OF THESE BOXING SITES STATE **** THAT JUST COMES OUT OF THEIR

ASS??? TAKE IT FROM THE ONE WHO WILL BE FIGHTING THAT NIGHT.

THE WEIGHT WILL BE AT 165!

FEROZ!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
TommyGunn said:
2 things.

mayorga isnt washed up, he's only lost outside welterweight to the best guys around. he's only a welterweight who has man'd up against the big names outside his comfort zone.

mayorga will be a handfull for any the top welters including floyd,hatton,cotto,cintron.


do i think he beats vargas? no, vargas is to big for him and has been an A-level boxer all his career, he only looked bad in the 2nd mosley fight because making weight for it killed any chance he had of performing.

dont judge these guys on there loses because theres been circumstances.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-Moron Mayorga is a piece of shiz.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
TysonJones said:
The following is from Fernando Vargas mouth to me:

IVE BEEN GETTING MAIL ASKING ME IF THE FIGHTS AT 168??? AND MY

ANSWER IS NO! THE FIGHT WILL BE AT 165! I DONT KNOW HOW SOME

OF THESE BOXING SITES STATE **** THAT JUST COMES OUT OF THEIR

ASS??? TAKE IT FROM THE ONE WHO WILL BE FIGHTING THAT NIGHT.

THE WEIGHT WILL BE AT 165!

FEROZ!!!
Who cares? I hope they both lose.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
TysonJones said:
Yo man I was just updating everyone, Problem?
My "Who cares" was directed at Mayorga's comment. He acts as if the boxing community is going to gasp and go crazy because the fight is at 165 rather than 168. Or was it Vargas' comment? Either way I really hope it ends in a double knockout with both guys losing. One for being fat, and the other for just flat out sucking.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top