Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Espn is my source. I appolagize for making another thread about this. But this was pretty big news, seeing that versus may become the next decent boxing network.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they offered it to showtime on the undercard of miranda kessler but they didnt want it either. I'm fine with it. This is great publicity for versus. Hopefully they can get alot of guys to fight on their network that are just coming off their first loss.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yeah Versus has some decent fights sometimes maybe they can start getting some bigger names on there. Either prospects or some of the older fighters that are starting to decline a little would be great to see on there.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Frank Maloney is promoting this fight, i like Frank, he always tries to make the big fights.

Hope Ricky retains him after this to be his british promoter.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
wow this is great news. i'm glad versus is picking up a line of decent fighters. This is a another step in getting boxing to the masses. it'd be nice if you don't always have to rely on either hbo or showtime to show a decent name in a fight.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Totally. I'm not getting HBO right now...and its eating me up. Not that showtime is anything to miss, I just like HBO. I guess its the familiarity of Lampley and that other guy. The old annoying one. I am always amazed at how fluid lampley is with his speech. truely an artist is words regarding boxing. I guess while I like complaining about the old guy (name escapes me right now), there is a certain familiarity to it.

I wish they showed more fights on free/cable. PPV is leaving alot of people in the dark, IMO. I still haven't seen Pavlik Taylor 2, even though after the first I was even impressed they didn't have that as ppv. I liked seeing contender on NBC. Sigh.... what ever happed to that? They are kicking a$$ on ESPN now. I noticed the purse isn't 1MM anymore though.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
you know what's sad. you can follow almost any other sport just by reg cable but you literally HAVE to have hbo and/or showtime to follow boxing. that really sucks. there's no any other way around it either.:mad:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
You can always read the play by play on boxingforum!:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
You can always read the play by play on boxingforum!:D
Oh what fun.

"was it a hard hit?"

"Oh well yea, but you know it was one of those hits that was like...kind of where the ref COULD jump in but he didn;t and yea you know what I mean."

"Oh....ok"

Yea not as fun as ctually seeing it, im afraid.

·
Registered
216 Posts
you know what's sad. you can follow almost any other sport just by reg cable but you literally HAVE to have hbo and/or showtime to follow boxing. that really sucks. there's no any other way around it either.:mad:
what will it take to get back on network tv? De La Hoya Fighting for charity??? Unify the belts??? haha I dunno...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
:D the check is on it's way!.......seriously though, if it wasn't all about the money I think it would be on reg cable more. half of all the GOOD fights cost you atleast $44.94 nowadays.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
216 Posts
:D the check is on it's way!.......seriously though, if it wasn't all about the money I think it would be on reg cable more. half of all the GOOD fights cost you atleast $44.94 nowadays.:thumbsdown:
I feel ya man. I think there has been some sort of an uprising which has forced promoters to up the ante. this has been a good year in boxing and it will only get better.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
What boxing promoters and the sanctioning bodies need to realize is people have short attention spans. Title holders should be required to defend 3 times in a 12 month period. If you fail to do so you are stripped and have to fight back up through eliminators to get the title back. Imagine how interested people would be if they only had to wait 4 months (maximum) to see their favorite fighter get in a ring again. That would mean Mayweather would be fighting in April, then August and the December again. He could have fought Cotto, De la Hoya and some other dude.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts