Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Marquez Decision

Votes: 1 11.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read on another website that Darchinyan would be willing to move up for this..

How you guys have it going?

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Marquez had one punch ko power at 118, now at 122 his punch feel even stronger against guys that are coming up in weight. If Vic ever fights Rafa, he gets knocked out brutally, matter of fact, Marquez knocks out almost everyone under 122.

Vic said he wanted to fight Vazquez too. That would be an awesome action packed fight where Darchinyan gets knocked out... brutally.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Id say Marquez would KO him as well, Vic thinks too fondly of his power, but that **** aint working with the elite @ 122

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Vic might be able to make it interesting, but I think Rafael is too big, too strong, and punches too sharply. Vic probably gets knocked out within five rounds.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As of right now , the Poll is Unanimous for Marquez, interesting. None of you guys think Darchinyans' ackward technique would pose any problems for Marquez?

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
As of right now , the Poll is Unanimous for Marquez, interesting. None of you guys think Darchinyans' ackward technique would pose any problems for Marquez?
other than a puncher's chance to win by KO...not hardly. It would take a lot of KO punches to do the job too. Chin man goes the distance I think tho, he won't be confident enough to not protect himself at all times.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Actually I view Darchinyan's akward technique basically serving Vic on a silver platter. His techniques leave too many openings, and Marquez would definately move in on it.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Marquez is a superb technical boxer, i think that has been forgotten because hes fought like a brawler in his last 3 fights. Even P4P hes better than Vic IMO.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. What if Vic was to fight Israel Vasquez? you think hed have a better chance against him (@122)?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Interesting. What if Vic was to fight Israel Vasquez? you think hed have a better chance against him (@122)?
He'd have ZERO chance. Marquez is a natural 118lber and also hasn't got the strongest chin, but Vazquez is a big 122lber with a very solid chin. Vazquez stops Vic earlier than Donaire did.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He'd have ZERO chance. Marquez is a natural 118lber and also hasn't got the strongest chin, but Vazquez is a big 122lber with a very solid chin. Vazquez stops Vic earlier than Donaire did.
I agree that Vasquez is a bigger man, But I also think hes easier to hit then Marquez, who knows how Vics' power would be @ 122..and Im not saying Vic would win, but hed have a better chance against Vasquez then Marquez IMO.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree that Vasquez is a bigger man, But I also think hes easier to hit then Marquez, who knows how Vics' power would be @ 122..and Im not saying Vic would win, but hed have a better chance against Vasquez then Marquez IMO.
I just don't think he has the frame to fight at 122lbs. If you look at what Donaire did to Vic and then imagine what would have happened if that was Marquez/Vazquez hitting him. Darchinyan is a very good fighter but hes just too small IMO, plus both these guys are genuine top P4P fighters.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just don't think he has the frame to fight at 122lbs. If you look at what Donaire did to Vic and then imagine what would have happened if that was Marquez/Vazquez hitting him. Darchinyan is a very good fighter but hes just too small IMO, plus both these guys are genuine top P4P fighters.

I actually watched his fight with Donaire not too long ago and yea hes small framed but I did notice in his recent fight with Mijares his defense was ALOT better then against Donaire, He seemed to have a gameplan this time around and with Donaire he didnt seem prepared and I think he underestimated Donaire.

BTW.. Donaire (althought broke his Finger or whatever) would have lost his last fight IMO. Premature stoppage [email protected] times I think hes overrated..I mean aside from Darchinyan and Maldonado, he hasnt really beat anyone worth mentioning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts