Discussion Starter #1
November 1

Cristian Mijares vs. Vic Darchinyan

12 rounds, WBC/WBA/IBF junior bantamweight unification

Showtime

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm going with Vic even if I look stupid for doing it. Vic isn't Arce and Mijares doesn't punch like Donaire. This is going to be an amazing battle.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Darchynian just lining himself up for another loss against a better opponent. I hope he gets Ko'ed like he did against Donaire, **** was classic

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
the smart choice would probably be on a mijares decision, but **** me vic looked good in his last fight and i gotta go with the aussie by ko in the 9th, while behind on the scorecards
Thats cause the opponent wasn't that good. Mijares is a few levels up from Kirilov, hes an expert at slipping/blocking shots while remaining in perfect range to counter his opponent. I hope he stops Vic, if not it will be a 12 round schooling.

G

·
Darchynian just lining himself up for another loss against a better opponent. I hope he gets Ko'ed like he did against Donaire, **** was classic

I liked the post fight interview where Vic tried to question the knockdown and said he wasn't hurt. :laugh::laugh:

Mijares will land at will on him and stop him around the 9th round.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thats cause the opponent wasn't that good. Mijares is a few levels up from Kirilov, hes an expert at slipping/blocking shots while remaining in perfect range to counter his opponent. I hope he stops Vic, if not it will be a 12 round schooling.
your right mijares is alot better than kirilov particlary defensively but darchinyan just looked so strong at this weight,and i've seen mijares hurt before by a fighter who doesnt look to punch nearly as hard as vic does,i dont think that mijares can stop vic

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
your right mijares is alot better than kirilov particlary defensively but darchinyan just looked so strong at this weight,and i've seen mijares hurt before by a fighter who doesnt look to punch nearly as hard as vic does,i dont think that mijares can stop vic
Darchinyan is no doubt strong at the weight but so is Mijares. And Mijares has improved alot as a fighter, Munoz & Arce were both massive punchers who couldn't seriously hurt Mijares, i don't think Vic lands enough to even come near stopping him, and he certainly isn't outboxing him. The stoppage is just wishful thinking on my part cause im a big fan, but Mijares should win 10 or 11 rounds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts