Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened there was devastating and I just wanted to take time out to recognize this tragic event.

I don't care if this thread doesn't belong here, but I figured more would see it under general discussion. My reason for this is simply to see what opinions other members have. Could this have been stopped? Are NO FIREARM areas simply crowds of sitting ducks? It seems so and I don't know, this has just been bothering me and I would like to see how you guys view it. If you're not interested don't bother I'm just curious and saddened.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tragic.

but becoming all to frequent in the u.s, there was columbine and the omish kids to as well as this. its about time the gun laws in the u.s were tightened up. it seems from a uk point of view fire arms are as easy to get in the u.s as a peice of candy.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tommygunn said:
tragic.

but becoming all to frequent in the u.s, there was columbine and the omish kids to as well as this. its about time the gun laws in the u.s were tightened up. it seems from a uk point of view fire arms are as easy to get in the u.s as a peice of candy.
You are absolutely right. If you are 18 (sometimes just need facial hair) you can go to a freakin' WALMART and buy guns and ammunition. It is stupid retarded how easy guns are to purchase.

The counter argument to tightening gun laws is that no matter what you do if someone wants a gun bad enough they will find one.

What would have happened if one of the students had a gun themselves?

I have heard that since this happened over 20 VT students have began trying to get concealed handgun liscenses. I think it may be a little overboard but there was a bomb threat at my University today and school was closed. I personally feel that the day I have to carry a freakin GUN to feel safe is the day I will go insane. :(

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
You are absolutely right. If you are 18 (sometimes just need facial hair) you can go to a freakin' WALMART and buy guns and ammunition. It is stupid retarded how easy guns are to purchase.

The counter argument to tightening gun laws is that no matter what you do if someone wants a gun bad enough they will find one.

What would have happened if one of the students had a gun themselves?

I have heard that since this happened over 20 VT students have began trying to get concealed handgun liscenses. I think it may be a little overboard but there was a bomb threat at my University today and school was closed. I personally feel that the day I have to carry a freakin GUN to feel safe is the day I will go insane. :(
what im thinking is theres that much of this kind of thing happening at schools that its going to force students to go and aquire a gun and actualy start packing it at school. this could lead to things like simple arguments turning into a 10 paces at dawn scenario.

where i live in scotland we had our own tragedy in dunblane which is just about 10 miles where i live.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is simply crazy. Killing people is just retarded. Sorry about Dunblane Tommy. I think that there really isn't too much you can do to stop people once they get to the point that one must reach to be able to mentally do this. He took his life like such a coward. Shame, shame, shame.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
It is simply crazy. Killing people is just retarded. Sorry about Dunblane Tommy. I think that there really isn't too much you can do to stop people once they get to the point that one must reach to be able to mentally do this. He took his life like such a coward. Shame, shame, shame.
has he left any explanation why he did this?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He sent a video to MSNBC right before he started the killings. They thoughtlessly played it in its entirety on NBC during the past couple of days. There are clips available online but the complete video was only shown once and I missed it. From what I have heard the guy says "You forced me to do this," while holding multiple guns.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
He sent a video to MSNBC right before he started the killings. They thoughtlessly played it in its entirety on NBC during the past couple of days. There are clips available online but the complete video was only shown once and I missed it. From what I have heard the guy says "You forced me to do this," while holding multiple guns.
****ing sicko!!!

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
He did it because his girlfriend dumped him. My question is, what were the people doing when he wasn't concentrated on killing them, and he was taking the time (about 10 seconds) to reload? They all just sat there and let him shoot them? If I were them, and I knew I was gonna die, I would just rush him. Because you stand a better chance living rushing him and taking him by surprise then just sitting around waiting for him to shoot you. The press are blaming the college too!!! What can they do? They can't possibly know what is happening 24/7 when they have 2,600 acres and 24,000 students and staff all spread out in over 100 buildings. They did every thing they could.

PS RIP Virgina Tech Victims.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the pictures a bit big bill, maybe at has something to do with that girl on the botom right hand side. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
the pictures a bit big bill, maybe at has something to do with that girl on the botom right hand side. :laugh:

How many cows did she eat? That is the question. My guess is 17.:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
How many cows did she eat? That is the question. My guess is 17.:laugh:
i wouldn't like to be around if she takes a s*it anyway. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
i wouldn't like to be around if she takes a s*it anyway. LOL
How does she fit on the toilet? One cheek must take up 2 and a 1/2 toilets. Let alone the whole thing.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You never know what you would do in a situation like that. You can plan all day but in the end it has to happen for you to really know. I thought the exact same thing Bill!

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
You never know what you would do in a situation like that. You can plan all day but in the end it has to happen for you to really know. I thought the exact same thing Bill!
Yep, you don't know till it happens to you, but I know I would get really pissed off that this guy wanted to really kill me, and I would want to kill him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bill1234 said:
Yep, you don't know till it happens to you, but I know I would get really pissed off that this guy wanted to really kill me, and I would want to kill him.
Same here...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Absolutely. And obviously the majority of the students reacted opposite to what we both think we would do. That guy should have just killed himself and let innocent people alone.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Absolutely. And obviously the majority of the students reacted opposite to what we both think we would do. That guy should have just killed himself and let innocent people alone.
Yeah, its not their fault he was a loser to his girl friend so she dumped him, it is his.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts