Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Dre has stated in a recent interview he is coming out with his album around November or December of this year. It's hard to believe this and i'm not sure if its true but Dre Said it himself it'll come out this year.

In his first interview in months, Dr. Dre says his years-in-the-works album "Detox" should be out before the end of the year.

"I'm just now -- over the last couple of months -- starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," the rapper/producer told USA Today. "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release."

Dre is particularly enthused by the drum work on the new album, most of which is derived from live instrumentation. "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that," he said. Guest appearances are on tap from Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Nas, among others.

Dr. Dre: 'Detox' Due In 'November Or December'

The artist reiterated his prior claim that after "Detox" is released, he will "become a hermit" in the studio while producing only up-and-coming acts. "All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person for a year and try to create another masterpiece," he said.

Dre's last album, 1999's "Dr. Dre 2001," has sold 7.23 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan."

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Dr. Dre is releasing 'Aftermath Cognac' in the next 60 days. The reason this is good news is for the fact that the liquor is supposed to be released to accompany the release of 'Detox', the long awaited Dre album.

Yesterday, "Drinks Americas", the beverage company Dre and Interscope have a joint venture with, released fourth quarter details that said it would
introduce Aftermath Cognac in the next 60 days. The production, supply and European distribution of the cognac will be handled by Abecassis Cognac, a cognac producer.

After the release of that, an 80-proof flavored and unflavored sparkling vodka will hit the market, also within the same time period.

Looks like its coming.....

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
50 talked in NY recently about his lyric contribution to Dr. Dre's long awaited return with the upcoming release of Detox. "I recorded material with Dr. Dre for the Detox, It's great. I want it back. I want the records back."Jokingly implying that Dre has so much fire in the lab right now, 50 should be able to have some of it too.

"He has the music. It's right there in the computer," Fif divulged. "I stop by [his studio] every time and get something that adds something significant to my project each time [I'm about to put a record out]. And I spend three or four days there. To me, he's the best producer in the game. When I walk in the studio, I record the first [beat] that comes on regardless if I think it's a hit record or not," he added.

"We get in work mode, get comfortable and go through the material that's in the computer. Dre always has hit records. Sometimes, artists that need producers, they need someone to create a direction for them musically. I need the jewels he's just got laying around. He don't gotta tell me what to do with it. All he has to do is say, 'Track six.' Or, 'Go to track eight.' He'll have hits playing there. You just have to get in and get them."

50 closed out by saying that he doesnt know an exact date for the Detox release, but that he's patiently waiting like everyone else. "Hopefully he'll get it done and put it out...I'm waiting for the Detox. All I can say is, Dr. Dre is the best producer in my eyes. Just the consistency over the years. ... He knows what he wants. He's such a perfectionist that it becomes difficult for him to put it out."

In other news for 50, he was able to see his son, Marquise, on this past Sunday. After the house burning incident that took place in late May, 50's baby's mom, Shaniqua Thompson, had been keeping the child away from his father. The "reunion" went well and there were no incident. 50 will be spending time with him until the middle of next week and then he must leave the country to continue filming an unknown movie. He will have to see Marquise's mom soon though, as they are scheduled for an upcoming hearing on a current restraining order issued, next month in September.

·
Registered
772 Posts
if the detox news is true then all i have to say is FINA-FUKKING-LLY, i've been waiting for this album for about 3 years i think and dre is ON FIRE with everything he produces can't wait for this to drop.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
To be honest, I have no clue why anyone is waiting for this album, all its going to have is a bunch of features and tracks written by eminem and I forgot the other dudes name..can anyone remember the last time Dre dropped a track period? what a few years ago? yea its about time he dropped the album but, who cares? im waiting on ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINX 2..now that albums will be a classic, Rae still get it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts