Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ok I have been interested with boxing all my life. I was wondering what it would take to be a good boxer. I know I should go to a gym but does anyone know a good gym in San Antonio, Tx. I've been practicing all that good stuff you know beating on my brother's friends. But can anyone help me with the training, diet, and all that stuff. Ok to start off I think I'm a southpaw (Thats when your right foot is in the front right). Anyone have advice for a hopeful boxer. Anything would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Hello Ok I have been interested with boxing all my life. I was wondering what it would take to be a good boxer. I know I should go to a gym but does anyone know a good gym in San Antonio, Tx. I've been practicing all that good stuff you know beating on my brother's friends. But can anyone help me with the training, diet, and all that stuff. Ok to start off I think I'm a southpaw (Thats when your right foot is in the front right). Anyone have advice for a hopeful boxer. Anything would be helpful.
Well, to be a boxer it takes toughness, determination, conditioning, smarts (dietary), trust (in your corner), self control, and confidence. Southpaw is when you're left handed and have a left handed stance (right foot in the front). If you're right handed, but feel much more comfortable in the southpaw stance, like Michael Moorer, you are a converted orthodox, and if you are left handed but like the left foot in front, you are a converted southpaw, like Gerry Cooney. I don't know where any gyms are in Texas because I'm in PA, but I'm sure there are some good ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts