Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any fight in last 15 years brought more to the table then the three fights these fighters fought. I think it was the reason that Gatti became shot so fast. I think he left it all in the ring with Ward doing the same. I can tell you in the 30 years of watching boxing these fights are some of the greatest rounds I have ever seen. I hate the fact that these fighters careers have to end but hopefully we will have other fighters that give it all in the ring and we get away from the stick and move boring fighters. The one thing you can say about Gatti is he was entertaining no matter the competition. The first Ward/Gatti fight was a basic fight no one really new Ward and thought Gatti would have an easy win. This was the furthest thing from what that fight turn out to be. Just hope in the next few years we can be fortunate enough to find another "Thunder" in the ring.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Indeed, Katsidis is heading that way. Gatti had little skill, but amazing heart and was a great fighter. Was involved in some amazing wars, and on the wrong end of some savage beatings (DLH and PBF). He is one fighter, i truly dont want to see fight again, just for his own health.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Gatti is one of my fav fighters ever. A warrior. Ward was also a warrior but i prefer gatti. The trilogy they had are my favourite fights of all time. Especially the first.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The trilogy was great entertainment between two B level (at best) brawlers. There was no boxing going on in those fights, and there didn't need to be any.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
They were greats fights that you can never get tired of watching. I think Corrales/Castillo and MAB/Morales are in the same category.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts