Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
well it's starting to sound better than what the calz camp has been talking about.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
He can make it. They would just be trying to stack the deck against Kelly. Smart business but disgusting business.

G

·
He could make it but he'd be killing himself. It would do more damage to Joe going down than it will for Kelly going up. Kelly's fought 166 before so he'll be fine at 170. At this stage of his career Joe isn't going to do things he doesn't have to for the advantage of other fighters.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pavlik could carry the weight easily. He has said he intends to fight at HW one day.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Pavlik could carry the weight easily. He has said he intends to fight at HW one day.
True, but asking a guy to jump ten pounds instead of one weight class (where he could fight for the title) is retarded. I think the plan with that is even if Kelly one Joe would still be the linear 168 and 175. He wouldn't lsoe a title and his record would be "untarnished" in a way.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not two weights dude its only just over the SMW limit. Calzaghe looked grey against Kessler that extra couple of pounds is killing him.

Kellys last legit fight was at 166 and Calzaghes 175. Calzaghe would move down 5 and Kelly up 4. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
True, but asking a guy to jump ten pounds instead of one weight class (where he could fight for the title) is retarded. I think the plan with that is even if Kelly one Joe would still be the linear 168 and 175. He wouldn't lsoe a title and his record would be "untarnished" in a way.
if pavlik wants joe, then it should be on joe's grounds. joe is p4p number 2 and can make the choices. 2 pounds is only the difference from smw but i am guessing that it would be too much to ask pavlik to go to 175.

plus, pavlik is a huge man so i don't think it will affect him that much unless it somehow affects his workrate.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The fight needs to be at 168. 170? He's just worried about losing his belts. Joe could make 168. I do agree that the fight should be on Calzaghe's terms, but making the weight 170 is a little much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts