Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think Lennox Lewis was very quick. Not with his feet. Not with his handspeed. This I consider odd... because he was an Out-Fighter... always backing off... keeping distance between himself and his opponent... using that long reach of his to his advantage. I admit that... it's smart... but I never fought that he was very quick! Do you agree with me or not?:cheeky4:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
White Tyson said:
I didn't think Lennox Lewis was very quick. Not with his feet. Not with his handspeed. This I consider odd... because he was an Out-Fighter... always backing off... keeping distance between himself and his opponent... using that long reach of his to his advantage. I admit that... it's smart... but I never fought that he was very quick! Do you agree with me or not?:cheeky4:
i do to certain degree, he wasn't slow though but he wasn't as sharp on the outside as say holmes. he was a lot smarter though and used his advantages better as well as hitting harder.

im surprised when people mension hardest punching HW that lewis is never mensioned because he's right up there with the hardest punchers.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tommygunn said:
i do to certain degree, he wasn't slow though but he wasn't as sharp on the outside as say holmes. he was a lot smarter though and used his advantages better as well as hitting harder.

im surprised when people mension hardest punching HW that lewis is never mensioned because he's right up there with the hardest punchers.
How about this... Lennox Lewis was The Hardest Punching Out-Fighter of all time! :thumbsup: :)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
id prob say so.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
imo he hit harder than guys like dempsey and frazier.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Lewis falls into this pattern with me, and it all started with Ali. Ali was the first of his kind, to dance around, stay on the out side, and basicaly only throw the jab. Then came along Holmes 10 years later, basicaly the same thing, just not quite as quick or mobile, but almost. BUT he hit harder. Then comes Lewis 20 years later than Holmes, and he isn't as quick or mobile as Holmes, but he hits harder. Lewis at times, fought the wrong fight against people, like Mercer. BUT he was still a great fighter. On a scale of 1-10 rating his speed, I would give him a 7.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
Lewis falls into this pattern with me, and it all started with Ali. Ali was the first of his kind, to dance around, stay on the out side, and basicaly only throw the jab. Then came along Holmes 10 years later, basicaly the same thing, just not quite as quick or mobile, but almost. BUT he hit harder. Then comes Lewis 20 years later than Holmes, and he isn't as quick or mobile as Holmes, but he hits harder. Lewis at times, fought the wrong fight against people, like Mercer. BUT he was still a great fighter. On a scale of 1-10 rating his speed, I would give him a 7.
id say thats a fair round up bill.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
im very tempted to have lewis as my GOAT.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
bill1234 said:
Thank you.:cool:
Good theory... the harder the Out-Puncher gets... the slower he gets as well! I'm thinking something along the lines of this...

Muhammad Ali

POWER = 7

SPEED = 10

Larry Holmes

POWER = 8

SPEED = 8

Lennox Lewis

POWER = 9

SPEED = 7

How about that?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
White Tyson said:
Good theory... the harder the Out-Puncher gets... the slower he gets as well! I'm thinking something along the lines of this...

Muhammad Ali

POWER = 7

SPEED = 10

Larry Holmes

POWER = 8

SPEED = 8

Lennox Lewis

POWER = 9

SPEED = 7

How about that?
id go with that oz. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
White Tyson said:

Muhammad Ali

POWER = 7

SPEED = 10

Larry Holmes

POWER = 8

SPEED = 8

Lennox Lewis

POWER = 9

SPEED = 7

How about that?
Thats how I saw it. I might give Holmes a 9 though, that jab of his was extremely fast in his prime.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bill1234 said:
Thats how I saw it. I might give Holmes a 9 though, that jab of his was extremely fast in his prime.
I'd say 8.5! Right in the middle between 8 and 9... I'd go with that!:cheeky4:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts