Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I would love to be the guy to go back to 74 and handle that one.
So would I. Just walk up to him, and BANG!!! Problem solved, and boxing saved.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
the guys that say they have been hit harder than tyson are lieing, most of these guys were knocked out in the first round and probabley didnt even have a chance to feel the power because they were ko'ed before they knew. All guys are saying so and so hit me harder just to make the other guy look bad.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
TysonJones said:
the guys that say they have been hit harder than tyson are lieing, most of these guys were knocked out in the first round and probabley didnt even have a chance to feel the power because they were ko'ed before they knew. All guys are saying so and so hit me harder just to make the other guy look bad.

No their not. Tyson took them out with combo's, and they were stopped, not out cold. Tyson didn't knock very many guys out cold, just onto queer street. Holmes said Shavers and Cooney hit harder than Tyson, and Cooney didn't even knock Larry down. Tyson only knocked Larry down majorly once. The first knock down was aided with a little push. The 2nd one Larry was more off balance than anything, and the 3rd, Cortez didn't even give Larry a chance. Spinks went down twice, and he was still concious. Marvis Frazier was still concious after being destroyed. most guys say so and so hit harder because they did. Ali said Shavers hit harder than Foreman. Is he lieing? Walcott said Marciano hit harder than Louis. Is he lieing? Tyson's power looked more and better than what it was.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i only responded to defend my man. HOlmes probabley felt hatred against all guys of the new era. I have a hard time remember how hard a guy hits me after a week or so. I can make myself think something but it may not be true. its all mental, but i can tell you one thing and then im done. Id rather get hit by marciano, louis, shavers, or foreman, than step inside a ring with mike tyson.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol Tyson was an animal..

Frank Bruno said "Id rather fight Lennox Lewis everyday for a year than step inside the ring with Mike Tyson again."

Tyson had awesome power, IMO its not overrated at all.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
TysonJones said:
i only responded to defend my man. HOlmes probabley felt hatred against all guys of the new era. I have a hard time remember how hard a guy hits me after a week or so. I can make myself think something but it may not be true. its all mental, but i can tell you one thing and then im done. Id rather get hit by marciano, louis, shavers, or foreman, than step inside a ring with mike tyson.
No, Larry said that right after his fight with Tyson. Larry didn't feel hatred againsy anyone but the people who put him down his whole title reign and made death threats to him and his family, just because he beat Ali, or becausse they wanted Cooney to win. Larry wasn't immpressed with the new guys, and had no reason to be. Every punch Tyson threw, was meant to decapitate you. And he hit 95% of the guys with a lot of those shots, and it took the combo to put them down onto the griund where they wouldn't get up, and yet, they still were concious and fully aware of where they were, they were just hurting a lot and had no will to continue, and those that did, got up, and the ref had to stop it. Tyson overwhelmed you, so you are bound to go down easier backing up. Marciano, Louis, and Shavers (not so much Foreman) would put you out cold with 1 punch. Tyson had a much harder time doing so. People said it litteraly hurt to bump into Marciano. Tex Cobb said Shavers is the only man that made him think about quiting because he hit so hard. Louis was constantly knocking guys through the air or across the ring, same with Marciano. Foreman would just club you down with arm punches, if he had used leverage and precision, he very well could have hit harder than Shavers. Larry isn't the only guy to say Tyson didn't hit as hard as people say. Tyson's power looked more impressive than it really was. Also, why would you prefer to take a punch from Marciano, Louis, Shavers, or Foreman, rather than get in the ring with Tyson? Eitherway its one punch and your in the hospital in intencive care.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
because i would have teh agility to get away from their ONE punch. However, tyson isnt another specimen in his own right. Power was underrated in my mind.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
TysonJones said:
because i would have teh agility to get away from their ONE punch. However, tyson isnt another specimen in his own right. Power was underrated in my mind.

No you wouldn't. Marciano caught Walcott and LaStarza, and both of them were very agile and sneaky. Louis caught Conn and Walcott. Shavers caught Holmes and Ali (not to win though). Cooney managed to corner Holmes at times. Foreman caught a few agile guys. The fact is, that pro's are on a completely different level than an amerature, no matter how experienced the amerature is. An old Holmes managed to take Tyson's best shots AND keep away/keep him off of him for 4 rounds until the fight was stopped. Every punch Tyson threw was meant to kill you, not so much with the other guys I mentioned, but if the shot that they threw to kill you landed, 95% of the time you were layed out, not so much with Tyson.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i disagree with most of what you said bill.

Out of all the fightes, tyson had by far the faster hands.

Im very agile , and am extremely fast footed. I run the 100 m dash in the low 10's. My reflexes are amazing. I dont care if im an ameteur or not. The only thing different between it and the pros is the rate at which they fight is more measure. as an ameteur your basically are going for IT for the little time you have.

Im not saying i would beat any of those guys, they outweight by by quite a bit, but saying they would hit me easier than mike tyson. Thats rediculous.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill, when tyson hit these guys with the first punch of the combo they were out, he was just so fast he hit them another 5 or 6 times before they would go down, but i agree with both you and larry, he wasn't the hardest hitter out all the HW's shavers was IMO, but he was a close second!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree with tommy. Ernie shavers may of hit harder but i believe tysons punch/punches did alot more damage because of how quick, accurate and powerful they were. so this is why i say tyson was the hardest heavyweight puncher. ( not just on strength alone, but on the overal accumative effect of just ONE of his punches )

41 - 60 of 108 Posts