Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
he also ruled out cotto as a future opponent for mosley. i like oscar and all but his company is working towards a worse rep than all the other guys, if it werent for oscar, GBP would already have a bad rep. I like what mayweather did, he put his fighter, wes ferguson in with a very good fighter in edner cherry to see how he stood. FLoyd probabley new wes would lose but at least he wanted to see how he did against a contender type fighter. Floyd was not at the money, or he would of put wes in there with a nobody.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Mayweather promotions is still a bit premature, but he is making good decisions. Anyways...I would LOVE Cotto/Mosley :(

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I think it will be Mosley vs Mayweather
Also Oscar vs Trinidad. I dont think that Oscar wants to fight another young hungry fighter.

·
Registered
205 Posts
tysonjones said:
he also ruled out cotto as a future opponent for mosley. i like oscar and all but his company is working towards a worse rep than all the other guys, if it werent for oscar, GBP would already have a bad rep. I like what mayweather did, he put his fighter, wes ferguson in with a very good fighter in edner cherry to see how he stood. FLoyd probabley new wes would lose but at least he wanted to see how he did against a contender type fighter. Floyd was not at the money, or he would of put wes in there with a nobody.
Maybe floyd should follow his own advice....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
i would love to see oscar and trinidad again. and i would also love for oscar to get the victory this time around. I dont care for trinidad or oscar to face young athletics, they will most likely lose, especially to these elite guys, even though they still would have a pretty good chance i would rather see trinidad and oscar and mayweather mosley and after watching a few hatton fights last night, i would lvoe to see hatton/cotto just because it would be two guys going forward who rely on their overwelming about of physical strength and pressure and BODY PUNCHES.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hatton-Cotto, Mayweather-Mosley and De La Hoya-Trinidad would be 3 awesome fights;) I kind of think Tito is done though, i loved prime Tito when he was whooping ass but i think he looked real bad against Winky.. but then again Winky makes people look bad:laugh: Im saying De La Hoya though, probably via late round TKO.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
its really hard to look good agaisnt winky, esepcially a pure power puncher like tito, but oscar is more willing to mix it up. OUT of the 3 fights i would choose, mayweather SD, Cotto TKO 10, and Delahoya UD.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I can't see Hatton and Cotto happening due to weight. Hatton looked horrible at 147. And Cotto won't go down. To many bigs fights at 147 to worry about that.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hey dont be fooled too much about Hatton's performance against Collazo. He has trouble against slick southpaws.. look back to his fight against Eamonn Magee way back he had a lot of trouble early. I think he would be very competitive against anyone at 147. And if he wants a legacy.. hes going to have too step up there cause there isnt enough at 140.

Out of the 3 fights id go with:

Mayweather CLOSE SD
Cotto CLOSE SD
De La Hoya TKO11

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
i didnt see the problem at 147 that most saw. i thought he did extremely well agains ta slick boxer. i dont think it had anything to do with weight because he looked physically stronger and acted physically stronger and punches stronger than collazo did all night. i think the boxing though, frustrates him. Cotto isnt a pure boxer like collazo, although he does have good boxing ability. He reminds me of a prime hagler, cotto does.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts