Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBO interim champion Joel Casamayor's March 22 bout against Michael Katsidis was sanctioned for the interim title with the condition that the winner must fight a mandatory defense with WBO/WBA/IBF lightweight champion Nate Campbell on or before July 6. On March 28, the WBO World Championship Committee requested that Casamayor confirm to the WBO his intention to fulfill his mandatory cbligation with Campbell. Shortly thereafter, his representatives confirmed Casamayor's intention to fulfill his obligations and his request to start negotiations immediately. The Casamayor and Campbell camps have been given 15 days to negotiate an agreement and either may request a purse bid at any time. If an accord is not reached within the time frame, a purse bid will be ordered in the following ten days

source - fightnews

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I doubt this fight will happen. Diaz wants his rematch or a match with Casa and now that he is part of GBP he will get 1 of the 2.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Casa just has to relinquish that interm title and theres nothing the WBO can do.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I'm pulling for it. From a fans perspective it would be a very good fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I'm pulling for it. From a fans perspective it would be a very good fight.
Why not wait for it. All of them will end up fighting each other anyways. Campbell should go and try to get a fight with Katsidis

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Why not wait for it. All of them will end up fighting each other anyways. Campbell should go and try to get a fight with Katsidis
Katsidis is too dangerous. If he has Campbellr hurt as many times as he did Casamayor he would pummel Campbell.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
If you aint got the ring title the WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO are all the same, soup titles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts