Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Sacramento (ESPN2): Roger "Speedy" Gonzalez vs. Cornelius Lock, 10 rounds, featherweights; Vicente Escobedo vs. Christian Favela, 10 rounds, lightweights

10PM Eastern 9 Central time.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fukk baseball. Once again we get our boxing delayed because of this lame ass sport. Boxing probably won't air for another hour or so.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Fukk baseball. Once again we get our boxing delayed because of this lame ass sport. Boxing probably won't air for another hour or so.
Baseball should be banned

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Fukk college baseball, college and pro softball, college football, college basketball, soccer, and any other sport that delays the start time of wnf and/or fnf.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Oh yeah I almost forgot fukk espn for scheduling a 9 inning baseball game at 2 hours (when was the last time a baseball game ended in 2) and for treating boxing fans like fukking cuddies

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I noticed it's not even pro. It's college baseball. That just makes it worse
What makes it worse is that Miami is about to lose. They were my team to win it all

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
A little late. But it's on. Vincente Escobedo is fighting

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've had a difficult time getting into the ESPN cards here lately. I know they've been pushing this season as the one of upsets because of so many favored guys stumbling, but it's hard for me to buy into these guys or the underdogs, because I don't feel that guys like Sechew Powell or Mike Oliver are all that great to begin with. Tessitore does his best to build them up and acts as though these fights carry more weight than they really do, but it's a put-on. I long for the days of fights like Micky Ward and Emanuel Burton on ESPN.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I agree that they try to build guys up too much. With their limited budget I think they're doing an alright job with match making.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree. Lock did deserve the win. I thought he showed a lot of heart by coming back from being hurt a few times.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm on the 10 hours a day, 4 days a week work schedule. What i hate about it is that I usually miss WNF. But at least there's going to be some good fights this week end. I'm going to Gerald's house and watch the fights with my boys. It's been awhile since I been over for fight weekend. I been so busy. I can't wait

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah I agree that they try to build guys up too much. With their limited budget I think they're doing an alright job with match making.
You're right. The head honchos there don't allot them much of anything to work with, so all things considered, they are doing a pretty good job making something out of nothing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts