Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well i cant cut weight no matter what I do..to elaborate..i work 7-3(laborer in a machine shop) then 2-3 days a week i box from 4:30-5:30..and although im getting a lot of cardio in at work and boxing..i gain weight..In 2 weeks i have put on 9lbs (havent changed my diet)

I know muscle weights more than fat but..thats almost a pound a day, and thats just from running, heavy bag, and working..any advice?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Okay well i cant cut weight no matter what I do..to elaborate..i work 7-3(laborer in a machine shop) then 2-3 days a week i box from 4:30-5:30..and although im getting a lot of cardio in at work and boxing..i gain weight..In 2 weeks i have put on 9lbs (havent changed my diet)

I know muscle weights more than fat but..thats almost a pound a day, and thats just from running, heavy bag, and working..any advice?
I think you just answered your own question.

Limit Fats, Sugars, Salts, and Alcohol

IDK how many calories you get in your diet but try to keep it around 2000-2500

get a lot of green vegetables, fruits etc.

Try running on a treadmill or use a stationary bike at the gym. Jump Rope is a good weight loss exercise

·
Registered
841 Posts

Lots of jump rope will make you lose weight. 1 hour of boxing isn't good enough, try going 4:30-6:30 or 7. Another hour won't kill ya.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Increase your protein intake and lower fats and simple carbs. try not to consume carbs after 6pm, and swap rice for brown rice, and new potatoes for jacket potatoes. Also do you take any sports supplements? Protein shakes etc? For meal plans as well as advice on exercise programs I reccommend you having a look at Muscle Building & Natural Bodybuilding MegaSite & Community On there you'll find all types of meal plans for your goal, and there's forums were you can ask advice! hope that helps

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Increase your protein intake and lower fats and simple carbs. try not to consume carbs after 6pm, and swap rice for brown rice, and new potatoes for jacket potatoes. Also do you take any sports supplements? Protein shakes etc? For meal plans as well as advice on exercise programs I reccommend you having a look at Muscle Building & Natural Bodybuilding MegaSite & Community On there you'll find all types of meal plans for your goal, and there's forums were you can ask advice! hope that helps
Great post ^^ I'm reading things on it right now. Very informational.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
If you train 5 days from 2-3 hours and change your diet, you will see immediate results. For the diet: cereal, pancakes, waffles, sandwiches and/or fruit for breakfast. Carbs for lunch (rice with or without beans, sandwiches) and chicken and any vegetable for dinner. For snacks anything from the breakfast I mentioned is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts