Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to weight lift 4 times a week using heavy weights. But now since im gettin more serious with boxing I only do it once a week because I dont want it to effect my hand speed. Should I completely stop lifting weights and just concentrate on my boxing everyday? im 5'8, 144 pounds.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
You shouldn't continue to lift heavy. If I were you, I'd stop completely, but if you don't want to, lift lightweights, high repetitions.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You shouldn't continue to lift heavy. If I were you, I'd stop completely, but if you don't want to, lift lightweights, high repetitions.
yeah ive been doing light weights for the past two weeks but i think im just going to stop completely. Is it okay to still do push ups and pull ups, or does that effect speed too?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
yeah ive been doing light weights for the past two weeks but i think im just going to stop completely. Is it okay to still do push ups and pull ups, or does that effect speed too?
Push ups and pull ups are great. It's your own body weight and such so they won't effect speed at all.

·
Registered
841 Posts
You don't have to completely stop lifting weights. A lot of people don't really do this stuff yet, but I've been experimenting with THERABANDS, doing most lifts I would normally do with weights using them. I've become faster and stronger, plus more flexible without gaining to much mass, just try it if you also have a passion for lifting, this sh** works. Thera-Bands -- 6 Foot Lengths and 50 Yard Rolls - YogaAccessories.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts