Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

weight training

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Captainobvious 
#1 ·
Need some advice on weight training.. below is my current routine for weight training.

wednesday - chest, triceps and abs
start each set with one warm-up and one heavy set of 8-10 reps. then follow with two more sets with 12-15 reps for each workout i do
chest 4 sets
triceps 4-5 sets

thursday - back and biceps
start each set with one warm-up and one heavy set of 8-10 reps. then follow with two more sets with 12-15 reps for each workout i do
back 4 sets
biceps 4sets

Friday - legs, shoulders and abs
legs 4sets - and box jumps
shoulders 4 sets and drills

Saturday - plyometrics

Any suggestions to this routine will be welcome on open ears. I am trying to gain muscle as well as keep in tip top shape. Let me know your thoughts.

Pistos

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want an honest opinion, you should do more core exercises. Drop out some of the tricep and bicep exercises and make sure you get the core lifts in to really get your strength and explosion up.

Do dead lifts, squats, power cleans, etc and you'll also be working secondary muscles in the process.

#3 ·
my routine

-even days: 4:30 - 6:30 AM
25 jabs, 25 crosses, 25 jab/cross 25 r/l hooks - repeat 10 times fast
5 rounds skipping
500 misc. core movements, crunches, leg lifts, hyperextensions -.etc.
-even days: 5:30-8pm
sparring, full upper body workout including neck.

-Odd days: 5-7 am
25 jabs, 25 crosses, 25 jab/cross 25 r/l hooks - repeat 10 times fast
500 misc. core movements, crunches, leg lifts, hyperextensions -.etc.
5 rounds movement with bags or dummy or headache bag or partner w/pads
-odd days 5-7 pm
sparring , full leg workout

Every seventh day-off

I do even/odds instead of mon. tue. wed. in case I miss a session I don't have to re-think the pattern

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.