Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my trainer had me put on this headgear with a face mask like an umpire's mask over the front. While I was working the mitts, he'd periodically whack me in the head. Punch punch punch WHACK! Punch punch WHACK! It didn't hurt b/c I had the mask thing on, but it frustrated me to no end because I never even saw it coming. Please tell me I'll learn to see and get out of the way. :eek:

I can't wait to go back and do it again! :laugh:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Oh i know how that is. My trainer would smack me right in the face with the pads without headgear on when my hand is down. It's not a fun feeling it feels like getting smacked obviously but with leather in the face. Hurts but i don't mind it lol. One day you'll be able to get out of the way. One day...Defense comes after a few months of training. Doesn't come too easy for you you gotta train hard for it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
good thing

The one thing I learned immediately from this is countering. As soon as I started bobbing or weaving from the punch I was countering, usually with a quick body punch - making my coach smile. Can't help but notice that unless a guy pulls it back quickly, when a punch is thrown there's ribs to be had. Mmmmm....ribs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts